Overclock.net banner

Custom WC for under $150 bucks...Possible?

641 Views 18 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Jazino
I know I know, a ton of people have posted threads like this but do you think it could be done. If so could you please list the components (preferably links from a good site where I could buy them from).
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
6,537 Posts
pump
http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/mer...duct_Code=9335 with this mod

heater core(1977 bonneville heater core) u can get at local auto shop for ~20$

plumbing u can get at local harware stor and the resivoir u can make out of a tupperwar container with fitting found at hardware store as well...~25$

water block
http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/mer...uct_Code=93031

PS: this is my first WC suggestion build for someone, but i have read countless builds for other people...and do whatlenzo said its a good suggestion!

· Premium Member
6,537 Posts
hmm its a dual core heater core for a car... ya ive checked and many people here use the 77 bonneville heatercore... like advanced auto, pepboys,ect should have it...

· Premium Member
6,537 Posts
ya try napa... tell them its a heater core for a 77 bonneville,and they should have it or atleast know where to find one...they are really with the money...so really try to find one, dont tell them its for a computer or they'll think your crazy!

also maybe JCwhitney online... geussing? ill check now for ya...

· Premium Member
6,537 Posts
umm i think it has anywhere from a small block v8 up to the 6.6?litre v8.... not sure...

· Premium Member
6,537 Posts

· Premium Member
6,537 Posts
hell just search on ebay for a good heatercore and make sure it has 3/8" or 1/2" fittings on it, or no larger that 3/4" fittings.. maybe contact the seller to ask what size they are
after ofcourse u cant find it in an auto parts store...

· Premium Member
6,537 Posts
ya thats what i thought... Pvt. i bet u will run into the same problems as u did today, people not knowing *** your talkin about because its the same deal with computer shop people, they think they know but the dont... so u will have to order one and u will prolly get it in less than a week

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.