Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have my VGA water cooler just yet but how does one adding more stuff to a line that is already build? Is there anything I can do besides draining the entire system then add in my vga cooler then refil? If anyone could provide information and links that would be great!!

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
You can try getting some quick disconnects. It'll hurt your flow a little but if you are going to need to swap out components every so often, I would recommend getting a hole of some.

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
brass globe valves work for cheap disconnects, and any hardware store carries them. I use them for my external VGA loop.

when i recently put it back into action, all I had to do was switch them off, remove the block section, drain all of a cup of fluid, mount, pour liquid back in as much as was safe, and connect. it only took a hour to bleed off the little air that had gotten in.

here's an old photo:

yes, what I've got going on is probably a little much but think of it as a proof-of-concept lol and better yet it gave me something to tinker with.

edit-------------
I used 4 in case I'd need to separate the two cases. I can't carry two cases at once, let alone when they're 70+lbs combines

·
Registered
75 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tina Cheeks
View Post

I don't have my VGA water cooler just yet but how does one adding more stuff to a line that is already build? Is there anything I can do besides draining the entire system then add in my vga cooler then refil? If anyone could provide information and links that would be great!!

Yes, you will have to drain your existing loop and disconnect some existing tubing before adding in your new VGA water block..no way getting around it.

andyc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts