Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

HMV UK & Ireland CEO Simon Fox has questioned the war being waged by game publishers on pre-owned software sales.

"I think it's slightly odd that publishers should somehow think that they have a claim to profit that a customer might make on a second sale," the exec told GamesIndustry.biz.

As a retailer all we're doing is providing an intermediary service, just as eBay is, or Amazon is. We genuinely think that actually what it does is enable people to buy new product - and it allows them to trade-in previously-played product to get a credit and put that back into the games market."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=268223

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
Same crap that's been on the PC for years, finally moving down to consoles...

I'm surprised it's not already to the point where you have to bind your one time use code to your online account and use that (think Steam). Or is that how it is already? lol.

Ridiculous greed?
Yes.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I was thinking this last night. I wonder if the next gen consoles will have single use codes for each game, you can then buy more codes at a discount. Would completely do away with rental services like lovefilm and blockbuster. Unless you could also purchase single and sort term use codes. It would all get very complicated and take away some of the pick up and play fun of gaming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts