·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Got Milk?

It's Gears of War.

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
Whilst I find the games entertaining, they're just too linear and basic for me to ever really be excited about them.

Run, take cover, shoot, jump out of cover, use chain saw, use laser ( hammer something or other), jump back into cover, jump out, run, fight boss, the end.

Hopefully they will add some new dynamics to this one. GoW 2 was basically identical to the first, except with a different scenery.

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
loved the first, 2nd was OK, skipped the third. Seriously, three parts is all a game needs these days (unless the storyline/gameplay mechanics is completely different I.E. FF series)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hey Epic want to make games for the PC community again instead of taking all the credit from People Can Fly?

Sorry I've got a lot of hate on Epic I will work through it I swear.
tongue.gif

Anyway I don't see the appeal of Gears of War. Can someone please enlighten me? I played number two at a friends house and it bored me so much I nearly fell asleep.
confused.gif

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Callen;14278077
Hey Epic want to make games for the PC community again instead of taking all the credit from People Can Fly?

Sorry I've got a lot of hate on Epic I will work through it I swear.
tongue.gif

Anyway I don't see the appeal of Gears of War. Can someone please enlighten me? I played number two at a friends house and it bored me so much I nearly fell asleep.
confused.gif
for me its all about the multiplayer. GoW1 multi was a blast with friends. Servers sucked, and host lag gets frustrating. Yet I loved getting into matches and ripping teams apart. Single player was meh, and GoW2 was pretty much awful in both single and multi. Its a different style of shooter. Rolling, ducking behind cover, the weapons can be fun, and 3rd person makes it more interesting than most generic FPS's that get released 6 times a month. The game play mechanics were definitely played out when they released GoW2. Hoping GoW3 will be different enough to keep me interested for a month or 2.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowtek;14278067
loved the first, 2nd was OK, skipped the third. Seriously, three parts is all a game needs these days (unless the storyline/gameplay mechanics is completely different I.E. FF series)
How can you have skipped the third? Skipped, past tense, the third game, which comes out in September.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Is it just me or is anybody else also getting tired of these UT3 games?

Most of them just look alike, I mean Gears of War has this "dark-gritty" feel to it, but most UT3 games just look like this.

I absolutely loved the first Gears, skipped the second because Epic made the decision not to release it for the PC, and will probably skip the third because this very same reason too.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Gears three is the only reason why im sad that I sold my 360 for a PS3, but ill suck it up and get over it when Skyrim comes out : D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulThief;14278498
Is it just me or is anybody else also getting tired of these UT3 games?

Most of them just look alike, I mean Gears of War has this "dark-gritty" feel to it, but most UT3 games just look like this.
completely agree on this, but as long as they can make money with the same old engine they'll continue to milk it,people need to stop buying this crap already

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Of course it's Business 101. Ten points, Chainsaw-Gun-Guy, for stating the amazingly obvious. First rule of business is: make money.

If Gears is still making Epic money, then it's silly to stop making it. Doesn't mean it'll work forever, though - look at the way Activision saturated the market with Guitar Hero games, then wondered why they weren't selling well any more. I'm amazed they haven't managed the same trick with Call of Duty yet...

I imagine that the same will happen with Gears of War in the future. I'll probably pick Gears 3 up when it hits the bargain bins, but I'd hardly call the first two works of art. And this obsession that games have with cover mechanics now is tiresome.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldExclusive
View Post

Got Milk?

It's Gears of War.

You can't really consider Gears "milked" compared to crap like Assassin's Creed/Call of Duty coming out every year like its Madden.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulThief
View Post

I absolutely loved the first Gears, skipped the second because Epic made the decision not to release it for the PC, and will probably skip the third because this very same reason too.

This pretty much sums it up for me.

I loved the first one and really was looking forward to the 2nd until i heard no PC release.

Not a Fan of Cliffy B.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMallory
View Post

You can't really consider Gears "milked" compared to crap like Assassin's Creed/Call of Duty coming out every year like its Madden.

I agree - but I also thought they were concluding the story arc in 3 episodes with this one being the final installment? I guess they can always find something else to write about in the Gears universe... lol. Why not capitalize on a big named franchise? haha...

I've always enjoyed these anyways, but i still appreciate they aren't being churned out every year like CoD.

·
Old to Overclock.net
6,113 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksireaper
View Post

Not a Fan of Cliffy B.

He was a nice kid before he got all superstar. lol

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Of course it is, it's the only game epic can make with cliff at the wheel that people like. Then again, if you screw up the formula after the first game you're probably an idiot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts