Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Blizzard has opened a competition for budding scribes who want to get creative with the worlds of Warcraft, Starcraft or Diablo.

"Whether you're an accomplished writer or you simply fancy writing as a hobby, we encourage one and all to submit their creative works to our judges of official Blizzard writers and masters of lore," says a message on the Blizzard website.

Entrants have until August 23 to write a 2500 to 7500 word story based in one of the universes.
Anyone who loves writing...get cracking

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=254547

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepEmbrace
View Post

wow, not much of a reward considering you would spend a lot of time writing up a good story which would most likely get stolen and put into WoW.

Edit: lol, i said wow in the correct context

Edit2: wow as in amazement XD

I agree. They should offer you a cash reward and the possibility to become a contracted author (freelance or whatever).

They have so much money and they cheap out

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
They might steal it and put it in-game but if i wrote in and a quest was based off my story i'd be pretty pumped, as long as i got some sort of credit (IE: name mentioned in the story or at the end of the credit reel)

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
maybe someone could come up with something more creative than what warcraft started doing with "person becomes a hero/icon, person becomes corrupted and you have to kill them."

·
Registered
813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opeth07 View Post
maybe someone could come up with something more creative than what warcraft started doing with "person becomes a hero/icon, person becomes corrupted and you have to kill them."
Lol it seems every RPG is revolved around that plot.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I don't think winning 1st place would be bad at all. That would be pretty cool actually. I'm sure the point of the competition is to use the story you right. Some people would be honored to have there story used in WOW.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick7269
View Post

I don't think winning 1st place would be bad at all. That would be pretty cool actually. I'm sure the point of the competition is to use the story you right. Some people would be honored to have there story used in WOW.

haha, yeah with that many people playing it, it would be better than getting published (from an artistic standpoint)

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Here is my submission for the next prequel to Starcraft. Eat your heart out, Blizzard!

Quote:
This story begins on a Beautiful sunny day in Daytona Beach Florida With a man by the name of David Braymer, A 45-year-old Single man that works at the local High school as a science teacher and astrology in the 12-grade level. Now he's been here about 5 years and has become kind of partial to a young lady by the name of Cheral Baskel a local restaurant owner in Daytona Beach. At the moment Cheral's preparing her restaurant for another Shuttle launch at the cape and everyone always gathers at her place because you can see the launch real good at her place. It's also on the water and its real close to the cape and she really decks the place out. Now David always goes to cheral's place before work every morning for breakfast because it's on his way to School. And he's never missed a shuttle launch at Cheral's place. Now David was not always a teacher he use to work for the Government for U.F.O. research. This is also Oct.28 the year 2048. And the next shuttle launch is on Halloween. There has been some unusual events the last 2 shuttle launch's. And everyone is very suspicious about the next launch on the 31 because of it being Halloween.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts