Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

Counter-Strike: Source still retains a retains a significant fan base five years since it was launched. Combined with Counter-Strike 1.6 it has more regular players than the chart-topping Modern Warfare 2 on PC.

Many would point fans in the direction of newer 'mods' like the recently updated Pro Mod, which serves some players of Counter-Strike very well - though it doesn't do anything new on the graphics, game play, game modes, maps or weapons front.

This is not what those seeking a Counter-Strike 2 want. Counter-Strike 2 should be a new mainstream release.

Source + more Via CVG

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
I've been a PC gamer all my life, sure I've owned my fair share of consoles but PC has always been #1

Playing CS 1.5 before it was released by valve, 1.6, cs:cz, CS:S
I am dying for a new CS

CS has been extremely dated compared to many modern FPS games. However IMO fundamentally and basically the best one.

I would like a new one with updated graphics and a point based system like BFBC or TF2

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see why Valve wants to NOT make a new CS, just because the fans love what they have, it works for them.

Yet I think a new CS would be nice and might put CS even higher up in the charts. Most of the CS players that play now, dont play casual too much... I think Valve is a afarid of the pros be scared off if a new CS comes into play.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
can't wait for this!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by royo View Post
CS:S is excellent, but there are a lot of idiots that don't want to stray from 1.6.
I am one of those many idiots. In terms of balance, and tournament play you can't beat 1.6. Any one who has played CS between ~1998-2003 would know that 1.6 is superior in game mechanics. Source has iffy gun sprays.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kilrbe3 View Post
I see why Valve wants to NOT make a new CS, just because the fans love what they have, it works for them.

Yet I think a new CS would be nice and might put CS even higher up in the charts. Most of the CS players that play now, dont play casual too much... I think Valve is a afarid of the pros be scared off if a new CS comes into play.
I agree.

·
Registered
795 Posts
There probably wont be a new CS game untill valve releases a new game engine

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Am I the only person who thinks counter strike is totally boring, hack infested, and full of lame cheap weapons and game mechanic like bunny hoping corner snipers with AWP's?

I mean I just don't like that game at all, 1.6 or source. DoD on the other hand...

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty5569 View Post
There probably wont be a new CS game untill valve releases a new game engine
This is a fact.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeeky View Post
Pls proof read
that site says "Counter-Strike: Source still retains a retains a significant fan base five years since" yes that makes sense lol
I just read that article and they said that CS and MW2 are "realistic"... I have lost all respect for that site.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimeracaust View Post
Am I the only person who thinks counter strike is totally boring, hack infested, and full of lame cheap weapons and game mechanic like bunny hoping corner snipers with AWP's?
CSS is a great game. I don't think theres any cheap weapons besides maybe the AWP but you can find alot of servers that have AWPs disabled. CS is one of the most balanced games I've played. Bunny hoping isn't that big of a deal because when u jump your gun becomes completely inaccurate. As for hacking you just need to find a good server that has admins that player frequently. also i don't think there's as many hackers as you think, alot of people call anyone who is better then them a hacker.

IMO CSS is one of the most balanced and fun games out there (once you get good atleast
) and theres so many mods out for that game that youll never get bored, i think thats one of the reasons why its still alive after 6 or so years

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.