Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Crysis 2's delay has perhaps been the most depressing games-related news of the year. Okay, maybe with the exception of that Nintendo promotion.

But FPS fans - keen for a developer to give us a twist on a genre fast becoming as stale as your average maths teacher's breath - have been itching to slip on Crytek's new nanosuit.

The FPS genre is incredibly crowded. What can make Crysis 2 really stand out?

A couple of factors. I think we offer a very unique core gameplay DNA; our DNA is what we call the choreographed sandbox, effectively a combination of sandbox games and the intensity of a choreographed linear shooters.

On one hand you have freedom, choice making and a free-form experience, and on the other you have intensity and the scripted moments that linear games are known for. We're trying to bridge that gap in a successful way. I think in Warhead we did that better than we did in Crysis - and I think Crysis 2 delivers it absolutely.

It simplifies the entrance into the game. If you choose to play Crysis 2 a linear way you can, but if you want to play it like Crysis [1] you can. So very often, when I play the traditional games that are our competitors usually I always try to find my own solutions......

Obviously you're bringing Crysis 2 out across the platforms. How much of a difference is there on console compared to PC?

So between the consoles there won't be much of a difference. Probably, I can't tell exactly yet but... probably you'll have some improvements on the PS3 for that matter, but this might be because of the Blu-ray itself. Overall it's not very noticeable. I think the PS3 and 360 version will be very similar or the same.

On PC, our key is that Crysis gamers can play Crysis 2 easily. But we also want to be sure that we're pushing the boundaries of Crysis 2 as well as PC - but I can't say more on that topic.

The technology itself was difficult for us to get onto consoles, but I think we're at the point that we not only went to consoles but also push beyond that bar of the PC game on the consoles, and also benefit from the console technology on the PC as well. Through the goal of getting on 360 and PS3 we've further optimised our PC experience as well.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=266739

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
It's good to know that they're at least thinking of PC hardware and capabilities more than just another console port.

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I wonder is why is there an absence of what the PC version brings(feature wise)? Crytek have been very quiet what the PC version brings, hell they have shown very little. The focus for this sequel seems to be console centric.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
As long as it runs better than the first with improved graphics, and DX11, has a story line at least as good as the first one/warhead then I'm buying.

Multiplayer without hackers would be nice. Steamworks anyone?

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
"Overall it's not very noticeable" the difference between console and PC?

Has anyone seen F1 2010 on PC and console?

I for one hope the difference is huge.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingzero View Post
"Overall it's not very noticeable" the difference between console and PC?

I for one hope the difference is huge.
he was talking about the difference between the console's. xbox and ps3. not the difference between console and pc, the difference between them will be VAST, consoles suck balz

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaJoker View Post
he was talking about the difference between the console's. xbox and ps3. not the difference between console and pc, the difference between them will be VAST, consoles suck balz
Ma bad could never of guessed i got an award from the exam board in english pah.

Teh PS3 will be better it suits Crytek more IMO.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Wonder if it will run on my machine?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hey guys.

Recently i got the chance to try Crysis 2 out at Eurogamer Expo 2010.

On the PC, all the buttons were set as 360 ones as default, and would show up on the screen as 360 buttons. When i moved the mouse near an enemy, it automatically moved to the enemy, aka auto-aim.

I asked the Nvidia guy standing by for crashes (there were alot) and he said Crytek were developing this title with Consoles first and PC's last as a mindset, hence how the PC version played, responded and felt like the Console version. He said it was early alpha.

On the 360 playtests, it felt like running Crysis 1 on an old computer, it lagged up, froze and had a general low FPS rate.

Despite the crashes, they informed me the multiplayer was stable.

I huge disappointment. Another company selling out to consoles.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitsoldier View Post
It's good to know that they're at least thinking of PC hardware and capabilities more than just another console port.
Agreed.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryarch View Post
Hey guys.

On the PC, all the buttons were set as 360 ones as default, and would show up on the screen as 360 buttons. When i moved the mouse near an enemy, it automatically moved to the enemy, aka auto-aim.

I asked the Nvidia guy standing by for crashes (there were alot) and he said Crytek were developing this title with Consoles first and PC's last as a mindset, hence how the PC version played, responded and felt like the Console version. He said it was early alpha.

On the 360 playtests, it felt like running Crysis 1 on an old computer, it lagged up, froze and had a general low FPS rate.

Really? This seems hard to believe!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Quote:

how could it be a huge disssapointment... you played the alpha of course there were bugs hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, they save the PC development for last as they wanted to refine it the most. i say you watch cryteks tv channel to get more info. lol im there religiously.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Quote:

Hey guys.

Balls!

All these gaming events are console based anyway. and an early alpha version hardly means a finished product (this isn't EA/DICE after all... Well not DICE)

Remember the game is set to release next year and they are probably still developing it.

Consoles are easier to code for I'm guessing, so they are getting the easiest part done first, I hope.

I want to believe

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Quote:
A couple of factors. I think we offer a very unique core gameplay DNA; our DNA is what we call the choreographed sandbox, effectively a combination of sandbox games and the intensity of a choreographed linear shooters.
I have to be honest I don't really like the sound of this. If Crysis 2 is a hallway shooter I will be really really sad.

·
In a van...DOWNBYTHERIVER
3,589 Posts
I seriously don't understand the logic when people suddenly think that a studio that has been so devoted to PC is coming out with something on all of the platforms, they suddenly feel like they are getting the short end of the stick.

Not to sound mean or anything, but that's very childish; it's the same thing as an overly spoiled kid who thinks everything in the world belongs to him.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts