Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Forget Far Cry 2. The real sequel to Crytek's tropical PC shooter was Crysis, a game so powerful it could only run on a nuclear-powered PC the size of a semi-detached. Until now.

For the past twelve months, Crytek have, through a series of tech demos, been floating the very real possibility of a Crysis sequel running on Xbox. CryEngine 3 videos seemed to point towards modifications - but not many. This was the lush jungle and the wide-open sandbox of the original PC game; the eye-searing world that had changed gaming visuals forever in 2004. This was, in fact, proof positive that, with the right amount of time, effort and technical expertise, Crysis could become a console game. And so it has. But not how you think.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=237362

don't think this is a repost.

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Their outlook is kind of bleak...

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
They gotta stop hatin on my NYC!

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Quote:

differences between all three versions of the game should be extremely slight. Presumably, anal picture-quality-obsessive owners of high-end PCs may well see some benefit, but compromises for the sake of multiplatform development shouldn't be anything like as drastic as some people were anticipating, and bemoaning in advance.

I think they mean people who have PCs and can game on them, lol...

I don't see a problem with using a real landmark/city. I'd much rather have that than some fake jungle. I never really cared about Crysis, but I'm skeptical of changing the nanosuit functions. SeEms like they're making that change to maximize differences between the originals and sequel. IMHO, if the suit ain't broke, don't fix it...

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Wowa cant wait

gtting my quad core in time for this

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
i hope this doesnt get dumbed down... we'll have to wait and see, though

it's due during the holiday season, right?

·
Banned
2,424 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -iceblade^
View Post

i hope this doesnt get dumbed down... we'll have to wait and see, though

it's due during the holiday season, right?

Well, their saying there isn't much difference between console and PC editions.

Thusly, 2 scenarios become possible:

1. They have optimized the engine to result in 400% performance increase,
that will allow the engine that brought power PC's to their knees to run on outdated console hardware without substantial loss of quality.

2. They dumbed it down.

Which one seems more plausible is up to you.

·
Banned
4,703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyladouche
View Post

I think they mean people who have PCs and can game on them, lol...

I don't see a problem with using a real landmark/city. I'd much rather have that than some fake jungle. I never really cared about Crysis, but I'm skeptical of changing the nanosuit functions. SeEms like they're making that change to maximize differences between the originals and sequel. IMHO, if the suit ain't broke, don't fix it...

CVG just lost my respect with that comment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts