Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Triple-A titles like Gears of War will be coming to iPad, iPhone and Android smartphones 'one day', according to Epic VP Mark Rein.

"I'm a big proponent of AAA games. Triple-A isn't going away, it's going everywhere," Rein said in a recent interview.

"These are the consoles of the future," he told GI.biz, claiming that if devices like the iPad could double their power we'd be able to play Gears of War on them.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=253871

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
And look like iDiots while doing so. D:

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kand View Post
LOL indeed. Never mind existing handhelds like PSP, DS etc which are actually geared towards gaming.

Tablets as "high-end" handheld gaming devices? In other news, iPads will revolutionize remote controls! *nods*. Control your TV and home cinema set with your iPad and heck, why not your entire domotica system.

iPad will have its niche but darn news everywhere makes it seem like it's going to replace about every device imaginable..

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
So... in order to actually move, would the gamer have to run around the place looking like total nob-cheese? I can imagine all the CS:S'ers down the park on a Saturday afternoon.

No way on earth is the iPad/iPhone/iAnything the "console of the future".

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by newphase View Post
So... in order to actually move, would the gamer have to run around the place looking like total nob-cheese? I can imagine all the CS:S'ers down the park on a Saturday afternoon.

No way on earth is the iPad/iPhone/iAnything the "console of the future".
iPad in one hand, mom's kitchen knife in the other to run faster.

I'm sure the 911 dispatcher would have a field day at least.

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowman View Post
iPad in one hand, mom's kitchen knife in the other to run faster.

I'm sure the 911 dispatcher would have a field day at least.

LOL. This.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I can't decide whether they're really this stupid, or just trying to kiss Apple's ass to land some kind of a game dev deal.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
how is it that Epic keep managing to make themselves look more and more stupid?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
It will be a cold day in hell before we see multi purpose, low power usage, sff devices being chosen for heavy power consumption, multi threaded applications over dedicated consoles and gaming pc's...

I'm sick of hearing about apple, and even more sick of hearing 'what they are going to do in the future'....

I might lead a rebellion against cyborgs in the future after they gain too much intelligence, but I don't go roudn saying it might happen

/rant

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Fail seems to be following Epic... Or is it the other way around?

·
Premium Member
10,192 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kand View Post

Somehow I can not see this happening!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Why don't they just call the iPod Touch the "console of the future"?
It's only 400MHz slower, uses the same instruction set, and can at least fit into my friggin jeans pocket.

Tbh, I think that people will always like playing their games on a bigger screen than an iPad, most probably on their televisions. What we should focus on now, is introducing ways to interact with those games, kinda like Kinect and it's PS3 counterpart. (this is an opinion, don't need a smart arse saying they didn't ask or don't care)

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
He has a point, and as usual in any Apple related thread the point goes over peoples head and the thread turns into iHating.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdek
View Post

He has a point, and as usual in any Apple related thread the point goes over peoples head and the thread turns into iHating.

Personally I was being flippant rather than hateful, but either way I think that it was a nonsense comment the guy said.

I mean... really?

The kind of games on touchy phones/devices are restricted due to the nature of touchscreen, surely?

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by newphase
View Post

Personally I was being flippant rather than hateful, but either way I think that it was a nonsense comment the guy said.

I mean... really?

The kind of games on touchy phones/devices are restricted due to the nature of touchscreen, surely?

Bluetooth controllers? HDMI out? Heck forget HDMI, make it wireless HD. In 10 years the iPad and other such consumer tablets will be pretty powerful too...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts