Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

As part of all the promotion and hype surrounding its launch Capcom sent us a 'history of' feature to help us understand why we've been shooting zombies in the face for the last ten years.

Here's another History of, apparently sent directly from Capcom. Pretty great read for you guys who haven't played them all and/or don't know the story.

Source

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
nice find man. great read. an officially a Resident Evil addict with the lead up to RE5, since i jumped on the bandwagon and experienced the older games. currently playing RE4, havnt given RE3 a go yet, got an original PS1 copy waiting

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtarmanrob
View Post

nice find man. great read. an officially a Resident Evil addict with the lead up to RE5, since i jumped on the bandwagon and experienced the older games. currently playing RE4, havnt given RE3 a go yet, got an original PS1 copy waiting

Definitely play Nemesis. Amazing game.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
although useful the article doesn't explain or give reference to any of the vital characters in the storyline of the games. which doesn't help since so many pop up in resident evil 5 that newcomers to the franchise will know nothing about. still.. better than nothing!

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
This is some great info for those guys who have not been with us since the really horrible camera angle days w/ horrid controls. But the scariest and most fun game play ever.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah. There is much better information, but it's still worthy of posting for some people to check out.

You can never have too much Resident Evil!

The books are pretty amazing too if anybody wants to read more of a story. They're pretty accurate and amazing.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, I'm sure Omega has like 9 hundred new articles ready to post for all kinds of amazing Resident Evil info, but still! Can't hurt to have anything about it since it's still quite amazing.

I picked up Resident Evil 2 for GameCube since I have it on PSX but don't have a PSX anymore. Thinking about playing through it again and hoping to God that it'll be remade someday.

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
RE4 is frickin hard lol... i just started chapter 3, trying to decide what weapons i want.

intense game, not scary. not like the old ones. ill give Nemesis a go when i have some (more) time.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

View Post

RE4 is frickin hard lol... i just started chapter 3, trying to decide what weapons i want.

intense game, not scary. not like the old ones. ill give Nemesis a go when i have some (more) time.

Resident Evil 4 wasn't THAT hard.

I honestly think the older games weren't more difficult, but more time consuming considering there were more puzzles and logic involved.

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by halifax1
View Post

Also, I'm sure Omega has like 9 hundred new articles ready to post for all kinds of amazing Resident Evil info, but still! Can't hurt to have anything about it since it's still quite amazing.

I picked up Resident Evil 2 for GameCube since I have it on PSX but don't have a PSX anymore. Thinking about playing through it again and hoping to God that it'll be remade someday.

I'd get RE0, RE1, RE2, & RE3 for the Cube if you can. I have them all (along with original versions) and the gamecube ones are well worth the15-20$ a game I paid.

I got RE1-4 for 60$ at Slackers. RE0 was 15$, but free cause I bought the other 3 "used" brand new disks, no scratches or anything.

Quote:

View Post

RE4 is not an Survival Horror game sadly. Its not that hard. The older games were harder because of the higher level of thinking involved. They just tried to make RE4 hard by taking the partner aspect of RE0 and taking your partners gun + storage away.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot
View Post

I'd get RE0, RE1, RE2, & RE3 for the Cube if you can. I have them all (along with original versions) and the gamecube ones are well worth the15-20$ a game I paid.

When I originally had a GameCube I had Zero and Resident Evil and loved them both. I picked up RE2 first only because it was my favorite and wanted to play it again. I'll eventually grab the rest if I can find them cheap enough.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtarmanrob View Post

you're about to come up to a pretty big change in scenery at chapter 4-5. i think the game starts to get its genius-worthy status at that point. Just like RE5 the majority of the game isn't what you think it's going to be like when you start playing
but seriously. as long as you keep rational with your ammo and spend your pennies wisely you shouldnt find it too hard. Aim for the head. Kick them when you're close enough. And in the boss fights just always keep moving and shooting. Its a great game you're gonna love it
I'm playing through it again hoping to finish in time for friday (RE5!!)

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
haha yeah the game is nothing like i expected. i miss the survival horror element, but honestly its still a great game packed full of action and suspense.

my trick in boss fights, especially with those big giant dudes, is to flash them first, them empty shotty shells into them and use the Red9 to make finishing moves. im always an explorer in my gaming, so i've found heaps of stuff, got lots of money with a nearly fully upgraded arsenal, i think im doin ok. i've died a lot though lol.

just lost ashley, finally lol. even though she needs rescuing, im glad its just lone wolf time, no one to worry bout except myself.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I will -never- forget the dogs jumping through the windows in the hallway near the beginning of the first game. Almost had a heart attack.

With that said, awesome series, thinking about it makes me want to play through them all again.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

View Post

haha yeah the game is nothing like i expected. i miss the survival horror element, but honestly its still a great game packed full of action and suspense.

my trick in boss fights, especially with those big giant dudes, is to flash them first, them empty shotty shells into them and use the Red9 to make finishing moves. im always an explorer in my gaming, so i've found heaps of stuff, got lots of money with a nearly fully upgraded arsenal, i think im doin ok. i've died a lot though lol.

just lost ashley, finally lol. even though she needs rescuing, im glad its just lone wolf time, no one to worry bout except myself.

Too bad the entire RE5 gameplay involves having another person to look out for.

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
I will -never- forget the dogs jumping through the windows in the hallway near the beginning of the first game. Almost had a heart attack.

With that said, awesome series, thinking about it makes me want to play through them all again.
theres a couple of bits like that in RE2 that made me jump. the crows...

Quote:

Originally Posted by halifax1 View Post
Too bad the entire RE5 gameplay involves having another person to look out for.
haha yeah i know, but at least in RE5 the partner can defend for herself and be useful, rather than a helpless tag-along liability.

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtarmanrob View Post

haha yeah i know, but at least in RE5 the partner can defend for herself and be useful, rather than a helpless tag-along liability.
RE0 had a USEFUL companion as well. And the ability to switch between the two made it really nice.

Honestly though, a pinical of Original RE play was Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2.

YOU COULD RUN & GUN!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.