Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Quote:
The patent states the device is intended for "inviting a potential player to participate in a multiplayer game" and uses a combination of "eye-tracking information, depth information, facial recognition information, potential player head-mounted display device information, and/or potential player voice data" to do so.
Source

Patent link

Oculus rift-y with a different spin to it. Focus on multiplayer and augmented reality.

Would like to see it in action.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Soooo....these are social networking glasses?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
what the hell is this thing going to be powered by? transparent solar film?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Will I be able to play games on my drive to work?

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Do not want...believe it or not I am quite skilled with a sword...I spent many years of life dedicating every once of free time to Bujinkan ninjustsu and Kenjutsu. However, I do not like this continual focus put on real motions for playing the game. The graphic with the gal actually holding a sword "playing a sword fighting game" just makes me sick. I don't want to do that to play a game. I want to relax with a keyboard and mouse...possibly a controller if I decide to get into a console again.

I don't want this...am I strange? Do people actually want their real life skills and reflexes to be the controller for a video game? If so I should probably go done to my basement and dust off Shi Mei Ai...

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm View Post

Do not want...believe it or not I am quite skilled with a sword...I spent many years of life dedicating every once of free time to Bujinkan ninjustsu and Kenjutsu. However, I do not like this continual focus put on real motions for playing the game. The graphic with the gal actually holding a sword "playing a sword fighting game" just makes me sick. I don't want to do that to play a game. I want to relax with a keyboard and mouse...possibly a controller if I decide to get into a console again.

I don't want this...am I strange? Do people actually want their real life skills and reflexes to be the controller for a video game? If so I should probably go done to my basement and dust off Shi Mei Ai...
Depends on the game in question. If you ask hardcore flight sim or racing game players then yes they do want as much realism as possible. On the other hand no sane fighting game player want's to wave there hands around to make an attack. That's just ******ed.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit_reaper View Post

Depends on the game in question. If you ask hardcore flight sim or racing game players then yes they do want as much realism as possible. On the other hand no sane fighting game player want's to wave there hands around to make an attack. That's just ******ed.
Agreed.

I like having a wheel and pedals and even a shifter for racing games, but having to box at the screen, or actually jog/hurdle in place (remember that nintendo game?) just doesnt do it for me. I did like duck hunt and having a gun, but I cant see that for anything where you have to run around.

waving a sword and no having the resistance of your opponents would sword on contact would be a waste for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts