8,397 Posts
Its a shame that this game is receiving so little attention now by Notch

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealex132;11999612
That's what the general consensus has been lately...I'm glad I didn't purchase it before the beta came out.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Mule;11999724
That's what the general consensus has been lately...I'm glad I didn't purchase it before the beta came out.
Probably because it's just been the holiday season and he said he would be very busy. 1.2 just been released though and adds quite a bit.

·
Null
6,330 Posts
Quote:
Last I checked he was working on trying to put together a dedicated dev team.
I can see why it's taking a while since he's attempting to transition from one man developing a fairly simple game to leading a small team with dedicated support. I think people need to go buy a recliner and be patient.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I purchased the game the other day, I just play on my server with a few friends. All the other servers seem very ruled out and looks like it'll be very unfun. Apart from that, the game is absolutely phenomenal IMO. I hope it does continue to be updated though
frown.gif

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
For me... it was "meh". I'm glad I didn't buy it. It just feels like it should be done by now based on how long people have been playing it. I guess this is Minecraft: Prologue. OK it's better than that but you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
lol, wasn't there a group of angry asperger's kids whining and threatening notch cuz he didn't release updates every hour or some ****.?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Got bored of it, but I'll play it again after some new features are added to make it more fun. Once SMP is fully functional, I'll definitely have a blast with some friends, sabotaging their forts and stuff so creepers can wander in.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Quote:
Lolwut? He just rolled out a big update today.

If you think you can do better, go ahead. He's mentioned hes planning do 2 updates a month to go easier on server admins.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I really hope they don't just crap out now that its popular, continue support make the game great!

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thealex132
View Post

Receives more attention than black ops and most other games I know do. He doesn't have a big production team or anything to help him like most studios but still manages to get more done then most of them.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Mule;11999724
Why? Honestly I paid something like $11 for this game and I have easily had $11 worth of fun in this game even if he never updates it again. The initial buy in price is so low, the idea so fresh, and the implementation so fun that regardless of what happens in the future this game has been a success.

• Rep+
Reactions: noobin

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Notch is adding a lot of fluff that people arent really clamoring for...he's releasing updates just to say he did. Now theres the FPS dip bug.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts