Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Junglist
Joined
·
7,233 Posts
Console storage will be another limiting factor, 1TB minimum for the PS4?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFTW View Post

Nothing will stop your ISP thinking you are torrenting something and then you get banned from using there service for so long.
Isp knows what you are downloading so that wouldn't happen.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFTW View Post

Nothing will stop your ISP thinking you are torrenting something and then you get banned from using there service for so long.
...and even if they don't, there is still data caps and throttling to make life unsatisfying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,032 Posts
Quote:
One standout feature of the PlayStation 4 is that it can download content in the background, or even while the system is switched to stand-by mode, which could be adopted as a possible solution to downloading large files.
Don't like the sound of that standby style, shouldn't bother me as I'm firmly in the "will not buy zone" Downloading 4k movies will be a pain for some, but well for us europeans and the asians it will be a mild inconvinience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 Knucklehead View Post

Maybe Sony will make a 1/2 trillion dollar investment into the US market and roll out a 1GB/Sec fiber network.
rolleyes.gif
Why not? If they borrow against the equity of projected PS4 earnings and the borrow against the equity against the projected Cable earnings once they started the projected they can afford to buy half of Detroit, buy it for insane prices with a daughter company (that of course borrows against the property value once robocop has done his thing.)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,389 Posts
  • Big issue = Data caps. You'd be stuck at watching 1-3 movies a month.
  • Maybe have people buy a movie, first half of the movie is from the disc, the second half is downloaded in the background?
  • Having people take external harddrives with them to walmart/bestbuy and transferring movie files from kiosks.
  • Ps4's hard drive better have some serious longevity as writing 100 gigabytes every week and is a lot of wear and tear
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,584 Posts
Now if this goes by, all of y'all will know how it feels to have a slow connection.
25mbps downloading 100GB is probably faster than my current connection downloading 8GB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrossewacker View Post

  • Big issue = Data caps. You'd be stuck at watching 1-3 movies a month.
  • Maybe have people buy a movie, first half of the movie is from the disc, the second half is downloaded in the background?
  • Having people take external harddrives with them to walmart/bestbuy and transferring movie files from kiosks.
  • Ps4's hard drive better have some serious longevity as writing 100 gigabytes every week and is a lot of wear and tear
People will hate your first point, and consider the 2nd and 3rd option a PITA
tongue.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by General121 View Post

Now if this goes by, all of y'all will know how it feels to have a slow connection.
25mbps downloading 100GB is probably faster than my current connection downloading 8GB.
People will hate your first point, and consider the 2nd and 3rd option a PITA
tongue.gif
well, considering nobody but enthusiasts would buy a 4k TV (no average Joe will just drop 10grand on a tV), I think that they'd be willing and understand the cost of having such a niche product.
By the time these things become mainstream though, having SD cards with 200 GB that can read/write 400MB/s won't be anything special
 
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Top