Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
What a cop out.
It wouldn't be difficult to recoup the cost of paying your team to port the game to PC.
They even quote that the game is 99% ready.

Anything else is profit, which they will obviously miss.

I'm a little sick of everyone thinking "All pirates WOULD have bought our product", which is certainly not the case.

/facepalm.

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
Pffft... and nothing of importance was? Lost

I don't blame them but Street Fighter is meh... definitely not a $50 buy, explaining why so many people did pirate it. If they weren't able to pirate it, I very highly doubt they would have paid the $50.

·
Registered
498 Posts
SFIV didnt sell too well on PC anyway. Don't think chucking a Super and some characters in would change much either.

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
This is such BS.

And it really pisses me off because I really enjoyed SFIV and was looking forward to SSFIV for PC. i found out that Super wouldn't be available for pc months ago though when they first announced it for consoles.

At this rate and trend it looks like every developer (almost) is trying to kill the pc gaming market because of "piracy". Well when there becomes no pc gaming market where do they think these "pirates" will go to??? It certainly won't be to the arcades.

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by decompiled View Post
Just as FPS genre games live for the PC, Fighting games live for console.
According to an article I read earlier today on OCN someone thinks that "FPS is dead for pc" due to halo's new game that came out and "revolutionized" FPS games.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Rebalances' and gameplay tweaks are important in an update if you play competitively or even semi-competitively. Its too bad about the PC version but if i were in their position i would stick to the consoles anyway. Too many ways to get around game authentication.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
It seems that piracy is the new scapegoat for anything and everything now a days. It is quite sad....

·
Registered
841 Posts
i can hack the ps3 with my calculator or a USB chip, plug and play. I can mod a majority of 360's without soldering. I can mod the wii with a microSD card.

The PC is not much more secure than any other console. And in some situations its better as online content isnt the same with third party alternatives.....

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by beers View Post
What a cop out.
It wouldn't be difficult to recoup the cost of paying your team to port the game to PC.
They even quote that the game is 99% ready.

Anything else is profit, which they will obviously miss.

I'm a little sick of everyone thinking "All pirates WOULD have bought our product", which is certainly not the case.

/facepalm.
You also can't assume that all pirates wouldn't have bought it.

It is unfortunate, and undeniably stupid, to say that SFIV boasted strong sales and then decide not to release the follow up. If SFIV sold well, I'd be willing to bet SSFIV would as well.

Capcom's PC games are among the best ports I've ever seen, looking/running/playing great. 'Tis a shame.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I would have bought it too. Oh well.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cata1yst View Post
i can hack the ps3 with my calculator or a USB chip, plug and play. I can mod a majority of 360's without soldering. I can mod the wii with a microSD card.

The PC is not much more secure than any other console. And in some situations its better as online content isnt the same with third party alternatives.....
I would like to see you hack the PS3 with your calculator

·
Read Only
5,227 Posts
As a PS3 owner, PC gamer, and being against game piracy, I am half tempted to pirate the game for my PS3. Just so I can tell them to shove it up their ###.

The funny thing is, once they weed out PC games altogether - which, let's face it, is inevitable - games are going to be pirated just as much, or more, on the available consoles.

Devs just need to start making some GOOD PC GAMES again and not these junk console ports that make half of us not want to pay the ridiculously high price tag.

Please note: I do not, in any way, condone piracy. I am simply, ticked off at the current mindset of these stupid companies.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I think the main reason piracy is so big for PC games is moslty because you cant rent PC games. There are plenty of games I would pay 5 or ten dollars to play for a week or so but wouldnt want to purchase.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I think we need to ramp up console piracy.

Maybe they will stop releasing games all together then? lol......

1 - 20 of 43 Posts