Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
The world's first Halo Reach review has landed - with respected US mag Game Informer giving the Bungie game a whopping 95 per cent score.

The mag calls the title - which is released worldwide on Tuesday - "the true follow up to Halo 3".
SOURCE

·
In a van...DOWNBYTHERIVER
3,589 Posts
The true follow-up to Halo 3?!?! What an outlandish statement, those Game Informer fellows have simply gone bonkers!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pillz Here View Post
Bungie must have given them a nice bag of goodies.
lol

·
B.O.W
26,977 Posts
vG reviews arent allowed in the news

·
No desktop currently :(
2,134 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlasov_581 View Post
follow up?........this is suppose to be pre Halo CE......unless they meant like a better game than ODST
That's what they meant.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Not surprising. In a world where 60% is the low end of the scale, 90-95% is about average and pretty much expected of a game with such a brand as Halo.

I don't doubt that it's a good game though. It makes me wish I still had an Xbox, something I couldn't say for Halo 3, and ODST didn't really trip my trigger either.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
vG reviews arent allowed in the news
If by that you mean what this says in the sticky:

Quote:
Things that might not be considered news:
with Video game reviews under it, then the key words are "might not be". It doesn't mean NONE of the reviews are news, or that they aren't allowed in this section. If a general majority of posters thinks it isn't news, then I may move it, but I'll leave this one since it IS the first such official review of the game.

Edit; er... k, someone else seems to have moved it now.

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pillz Here
View Post

Bungie must have given them a nice bag of goodies.

Why, because they got a high score? Yeah, that must be it. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that it is a good game.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-block
View Post

Why, because they got a high score? Yeah, that must be it. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that it is a good game.

You honestly believe game reviews aren't paid for by game companies? Especially releases like Halo?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull
View Post

You honestly believe game reviews aren't paid for by game companies? Especially releases like Halo?

I think games like Halo and the CoD series speak for itself in that they don't NEED to have people paid to write reviews for them asap.

·
Registered
375 Posts
if you read the books, then you know the ending.

forge is the only part that seems fun to me because i can also play with a friend to enjoy the features.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Revained Mortal
View Post

if you read the books, then you know the ending.

forge is the only part that seems fun to me because i can also play with a friend to enjoy the features.

I hope they followed the book!! I cannot wait to find out.

·
Registered
742 Posts
If VG was paid then, this could have been passed off as a 100% im sure and nobody would care because even VG know they themselves should not be taken seriously. In no way am i judging this game. I always wait for metacritic or the zero punctuation.

Another thing. I dont like all this selective halo bashing. First it was HAlo 2 ending which was fine. And now Halo 4 or whatever it was called. Meh shut your pie hole VG. I would not p*ss on you if you were on fire. Halo 2 was better than Halo 1. There i said it

·
Registered
375 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
I hope they followed the book!! I cannot wait to find out.
they don't follow it exactly, but you still get the point. the last remaining Spartans are defending reach from the covenant, but inevitably the covenant still glass the planet and MC escapes and it starts at the halo again. although the names are different and there is apparently still one last group of Spartans lost in space.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Revained Mortal View Post
they don't follow it exactly, but you still get the point. the last remaining Spartans are defending reach from the covenant, but inevitably the covenant still glass the planet and MC escapes and it starts at the halo again. although the names are different and there is apparently still one last group of Spartans lost in space.
POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW

Didn't the doc run off with the sniper, IIRC? I always wondered what happened with her. Could be in 3, I could never get into that one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts