·
News Junkie
8,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
News Junkie
8,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't see the word free, so I don't think it's same deal as Fifa 14. M$ are strong in US, so maybe only europe will get a free game?

·
waiting for Driver update
6,015 Posts
the pre-order rate in EU is way below PS4s so they need the biggest game in EU to sell X1

i don't think they need CODG in US to sell

·
Registered
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGordon View Post

Dedicated servers for COD? We're talking about the same arcade shooter that's been horrible for years now... Right?
There's been dedicated servers on CoD for all PC versions except MW2, which still has 3rd party dedicated servers.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunSkillet View Post

There's been dedicated servers on CoD for all PC versions except MW2, which still has 3rd party dedicated servers.
Are they ranked dedicated servers though?? Thats the question.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJsFinest24 View Post

The real question is are they ranked dedicated servers that can be rented (or owned) by anyone with full RCON and admin-modifiable settings? I don't need more laggy Gameservers proprietary nonsense. I happen to enjoy playing HC with killcams (for ez-mode wallhack spotting) and disabled FF. Dedicated servers are only half of what I really want, the other half is CUSTOMIZABLE dedicated servers so we can play the game the way we want.

·
Engineer of Malcontent
5,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJsFinest24 View Post

Yes. Black ops even had ranked dedicated that you could rent and have full admin control on. MW3 and BO2 had dedicated, but not admin/rented. I do hope they bring that back.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaggio1103 View Post

Yes. Black ops even had ranked dedicated that you could rent and have full admin control on. MW3 and BO2 had dedicated, but not admin/rented. I do hope they bring that back.
Full admin control? Not really. Unless by "full admin control" you mean you could ban players from your server and set up your own map and mode rotations. A pretty far cry from full control if you ask me, someone who spent around two years as an admin on a CoD4 HC server with enabled killcams, 60/40 shared FF damage with custom penalties, and 3 second forced respawns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts