Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, has anyone else ran so tight timings that it causes Cyberpunk 2077 to flatline? (crash)

I don't have any WHEA errors & I'm on AMD 21.7.1 drivers. Temperatures are limited to 84°C so that's not an issue. It all just started after I further tightened my timings now to.

I'll run a memory diagnostic when I go to bed to make sure it's not memory errors, but my guess is I have so many memory errors that its crashing.

Is there a test that can test for memory errors in real time in windows thats quick?

PS - I changed the hex bit for the AMD SMT fix in the .exe & I have Cyber Engine Mods installed (which I don't even know how to use).

UPDATE - I set my timings to AUTO & so far no crash, so I'll keep the timings on AUTO from now on.

·
Iconoclast
31,437 Posts
There are no good 'quick' memory tests.

I recommend running TestMem5 with the 1usmus or anta777 profiles. If you have a discrete GPU, you want to load that as well. Memory is often temperature sensitive and memory only loads, or short test durations often won't get it hot enough to be representative of worst case, or even gaming scenarios.

• Rep+
Reactions: chris89

·
Registered
556 Posts
If you aren't using Cyber Engine Mods I would suggest removing it just to see. I saw quite a few mentions of it being present when people were crashing. You can always reinstall it if you still crash without it.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I uninstalled Cyber Engine Mods. Also I reverted to AUTO timings & I think the problem is resolved. Not much difference between ultra tight timings & auto timings.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
You must test with multiple instances of HCI memtest.

Tune your ram, find improvement through benchmarking the ram, ((STABILITY TEST THE RAM!)) Oh and run everything else default when your testing and running ram. Good luck! It can take days and days of testing and time. Tuning a inexpensive set isn’t always the logical path. Just XMP and go, besides simple optimization of course, and move on.

• Rep+
Reactions: chris89
1 - 5 of 5 Posts