Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just completed building my new pc ... i know its its not super fast but its enough for my games lol

Anyway i have a question.

I have the MSI NX6600GT card with 128MB DDR3

Anyways what im im wondering is which is better. D.O.T (Dynamic Overclocking Technology) or using something like Coolbits??

Or would it be better to use both?

Any help would be Appreciated

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
can DOT... it's a POS. with DOT the software doesn't test if the card can handle the speeds it attempts to put it at. MSI even puts a disclaimer saying that not all cards can run at the faster speeds.
you're better off using coolbits or riva tuner to test your card's maxes so you don't damage it or get arctifacts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok... this might make me sound stupid but here goes anyway

What do you mean that the D.O.T program doesnt test my card before doing the settings? (there i said it and look stupid lol)

Well when i use coolbits it says the best settings are at 575/1100
is that any good? and how much difference will that make in games?

·
Registered
859 Posts
i would use coolbits or rivatuner...DOT wont always give you the best performance and constant overclock like one fo the other programs would...coolbits is what i use and have had no issues what so ever with it..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok im sticking with coolbits...
Umm would over clocking a amd 4000+ plus be benificial at all?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok well i used coolbits... it set my card at 578/1160

I got anohter question... is overclocking the CPU worth doing?

I have a AMD 4000+ 939 socket

·
Registered
859 Posts
If you are not having issues with it then dont do it. Most of the poeple here do it because its addiction to see how far you can get it. If you want to try it, try it ,if not dont even bother. I dont know much about amd but i do know that is a good processor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts