Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
XS should have one... At CES 2007 in Jan, didn't Swiftech have the open challenge? I know D-Tek was there and Swiftech discovered bowing then.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found some interesting data. Looks like I'll be going Fuzion based on its out-of-the-box performance and price tag. Much better than the GTX which requires bowing to compete :\\

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Yeah I think the Fuzion is by far the best of the new commercial WB's....

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by equetefue
View Post

I vote for the Fusion, but the new Apogee's are coming out with a new backplate to make-up for the bowing.

Then again... D-Tek is researching nozzles for the FuZion. Homemade ones supposedly drop temps by 1-2C.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can probably machine out a few good nozzles for the Fuzion if it's worth it.

I also can probably make a good backplate out of aluminum to allow a hard mount

I also would obviously lap the base, no matter which block I buy.

·
Premium Member
7,426 Posts
drayadsoul whatever happened to your WB shootout that was supposed to ETA 2 weeks ago? Still planning on doing it? I was looking forward to it!

btw anyone want to explain bowing and what I might need to do to a fuzion when I get it besides cleaning the gunk out?

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,865 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr4gon
View Post

drayadsoul whatever happened to your WB shootout that was supposed to ETA 2 weeks ago? Still planning on doing it? I was looking forward to it!

btw anyone want to explain bowing and what I might need to do to a fuzion when I get it besides cleaning the gunk out?

I threw out the first round of test for the shootout, with a new Gigabyte mobo and DDR2 due in tomorrow
the results should be posted by the end of next week.

Place an o-ring on the center inlet tube between the top and mid plate.
The optimal thickness is suppose to be that of the D-Tek barb o-ring.

·
Premium Member
23,134 Posts
I am very pleased at the performance of the FuZion WBs I am using. I used to be Storm only...but these are great WBs. The new GTX is crap IMO..they totally sold out and made it as cheaply as possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts