Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, which do you think is the best value? NH-D15 at 94€, R1 Ultimate at 87€ or Raijintek Tisis at 75€?

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
Tisis=D15. I'm using Tisis with Conductonaut on my 5775c, OCCT medium data set - max 80C.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,872 Posts
None!

Thermalright Le Grand Macho :)

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
In my case it's running with both fans at max 900RPM (up to 64C in gaming + streaming) and it's well below ambient noise.

·
Overclocker in training
14,008 Posts
Hi,
Better check out the installation process for the Mocho lol it's a joke :)
Stick with the Noctua D15 :thumb:

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
Treat it with some liquid metal like Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut, it's an awesome duo.

·
Fix it till its broke
765 Posts
Hi,
Better check out the installation process for the Mocho lol it's a joke :)
Stick with the Noctua D15 :thumb:

Installation is no problem. Its a good cooler. I had a D14 for a bit, but sold it because I got better performance from my Ultra 120 Extreme lol. But from what I see, there are a lot of good coolers out there. And the bigger ones probably all have their own trade offs to deal with.

·
Premium Member
27,140 Posts
Hi, which do you think is the best value? NH-D15 at 94€, R1 Ultimate at 87€ or Raijintek Tisis at 75€?
I just found another store with the Tisis for 67€, thread closed. :)
Tisis is a wannabe copy.
NH-D15 is over-priced
R1 Ulitmate is best of the 3 price to performance.

Le Grand Macho RT is easily as good, really a little better than D15 and a little quieter too meaning it's the best out right now.

But if you want best price to performance look at TRUE Spirit 140 Power. It cools about 2-3c better than NH-D14 (on i7 920 @ 4.2GHz) with cooling as good if not slightly better than D15 with same fans. and is usually about $10 / €10 lower priced.

Amazon.de
TRUE Spirit 140 Power is €55.90
Le Grand Macho RT is €65.36
Raijintek Tisis is €72.94
Cryorig R1 Ultimate is €74.54 + €12.90 shipping
Noctua NH-D15 is €89.88​

Amazon.com
TRUE Spirit 140 Power is $49.90
Le Grand Macho RT is $79.99
Cryorig R1 Ultimate is $89.99
Noctua NH-D15 is $$89.95
Raijintek Tisis isn't listed

Make sure whichever cooler you think you wnat will fit in your case, clear PCIe sockets and RAM on your motherboard.

Remember, how good a cooler cools is directly related to how good they system it's is supplies cool air to it. A well setup case will supply cooler with air 2-3c no more than 5c warmer than room with CPU and GPU both at 100% load.

Most cases with only their stock case fans supply air 10-15c, often 20c warmer than room air when CPU and GPU are working hard, and every degree warmer the air into cooler is translates to about a degree hotter CPU is. So a case supplying 33c air into cooler in a 20c room means CPU will be 10c hotter than if airflow into cooler is only 3c warmer than room.

Here is link to guide to case airflow and how to optimize it.
http://www.overclock.net/forum/22319249-post5.html

·
Overclocker in training
14,008 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,140 Posts
Hi,
Looks like a 5 pipe and not a 6 pipe like the D14 and D15 :/
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13C-001T-00001
5x 8mm heatpipes, same as Phanteks PH-TC14PE. As I have not tested any Raijintek I cant be sure, but my guess is they are not as good as some of the long term tried and true cooler companies. The only measurements they give is (WxHxD) so we don't even know how much room there is from bottom of cooler to bottom of fins, or how far from center of cooler to front of fan .. or any other clearance measurement. :thumbsdow

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
I'm pretty sure OP wants highest performance available, not best perf/price.

·
Premium Member
27,140 Posts

·
Overclocker in training
14,008 Posts
Installation is no problem. Its a good cooler. I had a D14 for a bit, but sold it because I got better performance from my Ultra 120 Extreme lol. But from what I see, there are a lot of good coolers out there. And the bigger ones probably all have their own trade offs to deal with.
Hi,
From a youtube video I saw the mocho looked a heck of a lot worse attaching from the back
So bad they attached the cooler with the mother board out of the case :D

D14-15 looks like a piece of cake compared performance aside.

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
His last post:

To me that kinda indicates OP is rather price conscious. :D

Price conscious =/= best performance at lowest price.

·
Premium Member
27,140 Posts
Interesting. I've tested Ultra 120 Extreme Cu which is maginally better than aluminum one and NH-D14 on i7 [email protected] and D14 was better with the faster the fans went the more the difference was up to 3c. Image below of test results.

Now you say
Price conscious =/= best performance at lowest price.
Before you said
I'm pretty sure OP wants highest performance available, not best perf/price.
I underlined it for you.
So which is it; highest performance available or best performance at lowest cost?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts