Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHO?
I SAID WHOOOOOO CHOSE NOT TO PLAY BETA?!

Wrote a thread in VG news, got deleted, not writing another paragraph and a half.

Who chose to wait for that release to see everything for the first time? The game, the opening cinematic, etc?

·
Banned
936 Posts
I only played open beta. But I already know the ending. Knew it even before all the freaking CE unboxing of lately. Also, you might wanna skip Monday, because that's when client will be unlocked and people are gonna start data mining like crazy. EVERYTHING WILL LEAK!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I just bought it this afternoon, but I never tried the Beta. I didn't really have much interest going into the release (never played either D1 or D2), but all my buddies are getting it so I thought I'd join in (and I saw some videos and some of the classes look like a lotta fun).

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Didn't play the beta. Figured I'd just play the full game when it came out.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebel View Post

I only played open beta. But I already know the ending. Knew it even before all the freaking CE unboxing of lately. Also, you might wanna skip Monday, because that's when client will be unlocked and people are gonna start data mining like crazy. EVERYTHING WILL LEAK!
Many people already got the strategy guide so I recommend avoiding anything D3 related if you care about spoilers. People already know the whole story.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
i didnt because it only lasted for 3 days

i only have 1mbit dsl and it would've taken 3 days just to download the 15gb installer

·
Registered
170 Posts
Here is my chain of events:

1.) Waited faithfully for a beta invite, without avail

2.) Got deployed

3.) Got a beta invite ~4 weeks in to the deployment

Needless to say, I was pretty pissed. But, I come home in a few weeks, and my Collector's Edition will be waiting for me
thumb.gif

·
Registered
255 Posts
I got into Beta back in February/March (forget when exactly), but unfortunately I also live on a college campus with a net admin who has his head so far up his ass that he blocked a lot of game-related traffic by accident and won't bother to unblock it. So I couldn't even connect to the Diablo 3 servers.

So I'll be playing on live servers for the first time. Should be fun, if only because I'm getting bored of BF3 and WoW.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts