Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm redoing the loop in my Thermaltake V71. Is one D5 pump enough to push gpu, cpu, and two 360mm radiators? One approximately 1 1/2" thick the other about 1" (don't remember the exact sizes off hand) I've been looking at the xspc photon series and just want to double check that one pump can handle the entire system.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll piggyback on this thread.

What about a CPU (EK) Mosfet (EK) GPU (EVGA) 420+560 rads (HWLabs SR-2) loop?

Will one do it or should I get a dual top?

I love my RD-30 but it's a pain in the ass to dampen and I want PWM pumps now.

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
I'll piggyback on this thread.

What about a CPU (EK) Mosfet (EK) GPU (EVGA) 420+560 rads (HWLabs SR-2) loop?

Will one do it or should I get a dual top?

I love my RD-30 but it's a pain in the ass to dampen and I want PWM pumps now.
That's pretty much a typical loop, just with bigger rads. One D5 should do it.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Thanks.

I was getting that feeling from looking at build logs, but I'm old and stuck in a time when you needed 2 DDCs for something like that :)
Hi there

D5 should be OK there just you will need to run pump at higher speeds

Currently running 4*360mm radiators in my loop(3*360mm HWLabs GTS360 and one EK XE360) and with such loop I could be OK with single D5 pump but I would need to run pump at max speed to have good enough flow or flow at 0.75GPM at least due this I've extra EK DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump as extra and I can run my D5 at 2400-3200RPM as max, tried at 1800RPM but flow has been slower than I would want to have

My loop do have 3*GPUs and one CPU block and as I mentioned 4*360mm radiators

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
No need to run at high pump speed at all. No higher than 50% or so anyway. I ran my last one at 33% with two blocks and two rads. Higher speed didn't get me any better temps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts