Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short I got an xspc bay res that fits the d5. I'm hearing a lot of splashing even though i know it is full and there are no air bubbles.

I have read many similar issues and it seems this is an issue with the design of the res regarding the inlet and outlet. I am going to be looking at changing things up to a pump top instead, or possibly a pump top and another res? Like the koolance?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Also what is a pump top exactly? Is it just a small res that goes ontop of the pump?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
A pump top allows you to get different fittings in. Most D5 pumps come with barb fittings. The top will also allow you to have inlet and outlet pointing in different directions. They also claim better performance, thought that is most likely coming from a marketting perspective, rather than an actual performance benefit.

Some tops will also allow you to attach a res to the pump directly.

I prefer bay reservoirs and a pump not attached directly to it. Pump/res combos tend to be more noisy as they are harder to decouple for sound and vibrations.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what i am finding as well. The bayres + d5 is a great option to save space and to just get everything in there. My loop is unfinished right now with only a 120 rad and 2 GTs in push pull. Getting about the same temps as when my Mugen was installed.

I really like these bay res:

http://hw-lab.com/_old/cooling/liquid-cooling/reservoir/koolance/koolance_rp-402x2_1_x500.jpg

Unfortunately it looks like that was an old model and it was recently updated to a different style.
frown.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts