Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to my own clumsiness, I may have broken the rheostat that the red "switch" on the D5 vario is attached to on the circuit board. It isn't fully broken. I think it's hanging by one solder.

I've verified that the pump still works. I don't have the means to test the rpm at this point. Does anyone know what happens to the pump speed when the rheostat breaks (if it's even broken)? It was set at the speed 2 before I messed up.

I did read somewhere that the basic non vario D5 defaults at roughly 4. I'm curious if anyone else knows.

·
WaterCooler
1,341 Posts
Welcome to the club!
wave2.gif
Lots of people break that thing. I think I've seen replacement switches at ppcs or one of the other watercooling stores. I broke mine the last time I upgraded things. I was still able to kinda make it work once more to get the speed to 4, but my tubing was all hooked up and I was in the middle of filling the loop so I never got around to trying ti fix mine. If you broke it off while it was at 2 then that's probably where it is now.

·
Umm, How Bout Noooooo.
3,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidonsu View Post

Due to my own clumsiness, I may have broken the rheostat that the red "switch" on the D5 vario is attached to on the circuit board. It isn't fully broken. I think it's hanging by one solder.

I've verified that the pump still works. I don't have the means to test the rpm at this point. Does anyone know what happens to the pump speed when the rheostat breaks (if it's even broken)? It was set at the speed 2 before I messed up.

I did read somewhere that the basic non vario D5 defaults at roughly 4. I'm curious if anyone else knows.
Wait wait you broke the dial or you broke the rheostat? PPCs sells the Dial not the rheostat.

Since you said its hanging on by 1 solder I assume the former? That is much different than breaking the plastic dial.

I believe there should be 2 wires soldered to it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post

Wait wait you broke the dial or you broke the rheostat? PPCs sells the Dial not the rheostat.

Since you said its hanging on by 1 solder I assume the former? That is much different than breaking the plastic dial.

I believe there should be 2 wires soldered to it.
The rheostat. It still works though. I'm just gonna use it as is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts