Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some problems with 99% of EA games with my 4870s...
With the crossfire enabled after about 20 minutes my 2nd 4870 gets the D601 red led and I would need to do a full reboot.
With the crossfire disabled the first card gets the D601 led after 20 minutes of gaming...anyone have this issues?
Specs are below.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help anyone? I tried flashing the bios as well on both cards and it still doesn't seem to help.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Well D601 is critical core power failure, meaning either your cores or voltage regulators are fired/damaged. How are your VDDC temps temps? Have you been using furmark for long periods of time? Are your cards highly overclocked. Another thing to check is your cpu overclock. I've heard some people drawing too many amps to the mobo, which doesn't leave enough power to a rail or two regulating the 6-8pin pci-e plugs.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by rico2001
View Post

Well D601 is critical core power failure, meaning either your cores or voltage regulators are fired/damaged. How are your VDDC temps temps? Have you been using furmark for long periods of time? Are your cards highly overclocked. Another thing to check is your cpu overclock. I've heard some people drawing too many amps to the mobo, which doesn't leave enough power to a rail or two regulating the 6-8pin pci-e plugs.

Thanks for the reply. This issue has been driving crazy for the past few days. My temperatures are only around 75~80c full load. I haven't overclocked it yet. It's only when I play EA games one of the vid cards crash. Any recommendation?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts