Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I need to run it in DOSbox because the game will go all Helen Keller on you if your processor is running over 500 or so MHz, so I need to run it in DOSbox so I can controll the games CPU-cycle rate.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Open your ms-dos box. Assuming you installed the game in its default directory type this without the quotes: "cd dagger" and hit return, then type "dagger" and the game should begin. Oh and make sure you are at the c:\\ prompt. Get there by typing "c:" and hit return.

I guess thats what your asking.

• Rep+
Reactions: Some_Idiot2

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by lonnie5000

Open your ms-dos box. Assuming you installed the game in its default directory type this without the quotes: "cd dagger" and hit return, then type "dagger" and the game should begin. Oh and make sure you are at the c:\\ prompt. Get there by typing "c:" and hit return.

I guess thats what your asking.

Ok, my dosbox default directory is z:, how do I change it to c:?
I tried chdir C:, but it didn't work.

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Some_Idiot2

Ok, my dosbox default directory is z:, how do I change it to c:?
I tried chdir C:, but it didn't work.

Just type "C:" and press enter. There is no command to change drives, you just enter the drive you want to switch to.

Man, I know I'm old...it never even dawned on me before that today's gamers might not know how to get a DOS game started...yikes. Hopefully you don't have any autoexec.bat or config.sys issues to deal with in DOSBox, those were always the main issues with getting DOS games to work right. (Those files were where you set you drivers and enabled "high" and "extended" memory, which are relevant only to 16-bit operating systems.)

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanDragon

Just type "C:" and press enter. There is no command to change drives, you just enter the drive you want to switch to.

Man, I know I'm old...it never even dawned on me before that today's gamers might not know how to get a DOS game started...yikes. Hopefully you don't have any autoexec.bat or config.sys issues to deal with in DOSBox, those were always the main issues with getting DOS games to work right. (Those files were where you set you drivers and enabled "high" and "extended" memory, which are relevant only to 16-bit operating systems.)

I typed C:, and then did everything correctly from there, I get a prompt message telling me to insert the CD, even though it's in the CD drive!!!

I type in the correct derectory, but the prompt still tells me to put the CD in my CD ROM drive!!!
:swearing:
I hate DOS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts