Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:


Gamers have been waiting a long time for "Duke Nukem Forever," and that wait will be over in a little less than a week. But for some, the wait ended yesterday when the game leaked onto the internet.

With much anticipation for the new "Duke Nukem," game players were pushing to get a glimpse of 2K Games' latest creation in the series. Over the last two weeks alone, several fake "Duke Nukem Forever" files have popped up all over the web.

Source
 

·
1689 Federalist
Joined
·
11,745 Posts
I heard it sucks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,174 Posts
Dang, this has been known for a couple of days now.
 

·
48" Mousepad Extremist
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Though I'm not a fan of pirating, I couldn't really blame anyone for downloading this to try it and see if they want to buy it. The Demo that was released was pure trash and didn't even give you a feel for the game. Also, its looking like Duke Nukem Forever will be a bust after all. Maybe I'm wrong though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,911 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by lightsout
View Post

I heard it sucks.

the demo sucked, though i find it extremely hard to believe that twelve years were spent developing an OK-ish game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by dontpwnmebro
View Post

the demo sucked, though i find it extremely hard to believe that twelve years were spent developing an OK-ish game.

If you honestly think they spent 12 years developing this game, then you're sadly mistaken.

People tend to think that because it's been in development for 12 years, that it's going to be this awesome game "Oh they spent 12 years making this game, it's going to be kick butt and epic and a great long full storyline".

When in reality it was more like:
Executive A: Let's spend the money on hookers and blow, and occasionally release a teaser to make it look like we're working.

Executives B-K: Yay!

Then they got sued and were like "heck now we REALLY need to get to work".

So between when they got sued and now is the actual development cycle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
I also played the demo... trash was right. Once you engaged the whiteboard to draw whatever juvenile thing you could think of, it never let you leave it until you restarted the checkpoint. That's a small thing aside from the terrible boss encounter they put you through.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,260 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by AMW1011
View Post

Though I'm not a fan of pirating, I couldn't really blame anyone for downloading this to try it and see if they want to buy it. The Demo that was released was pure trash and didn't even give you a feel for the game. Also, its looking like Duke Nukem Forever will be a bust after all. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Sigh..."We pirate because they don't give us demo's"...than when they give us a demo, it wasn't good enough. What the crap did you expect from a demo? There is NO condoning piracy. People like you are the reason DRM is getting stuffed down our throats.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: Karasu

·
48" Mousepad Extremist
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle
View Post

Sigh..."We pirate because they don't give us demo's"...than when they give us a demo, it wasn't good enough. What the crap did you expect from a demo? There is NO condoning piracy. People like you are the reason DRM is getting stuffed down our throats.

The "Demo" was the same thing they showed journalist months ago. It has very little to do with the actual game, and the instances that are in the "demo" may be completely different.

Though I see your point in a way, the usual argument is pretty stupid. The truth is, some people will just steal it anyway, regardless of platform or if they have to pirate it or shoplift it from Walmart.

Though, the real reason we have DRM is because developers are stupid. There is yet to be a DRM that has stopped any pirated versions from coming out, or even make it difficult crack them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,174 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by LocKDowN2222*
View Post

I also played the demo... trash was right. Once you engaged the whiteboard to draw whatever juvenile thing you could think of, it never let you leave it until you restarted the checkpoint. That's a small thing aside from the terrible boss encounter they put you through.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

What? You press 'E' to step away from the whiteboard. Same button as you used to step up to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,379 Posts
3D Realms failed and bailed on this game for a reason.
After working on it for so long, they knew it shouldn't see the light of day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,504 Posts
I dont know what you peopel are talking about the Demo was pretty good for a Veteran Duke Fan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,260 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Kevlo
View Post

I dont know what you peopel are talking about the Demo was pretty good for a Veteran Duke Fan

This.

They've been spoon fed mediocre garbage every year...month...day? Let's just call it every time CoD comes out...either way, they have been fed this crap so much that they can't accept the Duke for what it is SUPPOSED TO BE.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,269 Posts
12 years in development? No, it's been talked about for 12 years, and in that time it's been started from scratch what...4 times? It took gearbox what..2 years to throw this together and completely destroy it? I already knew it was going to be trash, coming from the same company who somehow managed to botch up a simple concept like Borderlands. Couldn't even give the PC proper support.
 
1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top