Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just used rivatuner to Overclock my 4870 and after doing so and running Empire: Total War I'm getting luminous lights and dots with lines that look like graphical glitches, any idea what it is?

EDIT: I can post a screenshot if completely necessary, although it would be a hassle as this isn't the same computer.

·
Registered
230 Posts
during or after the overclock?

Im assuming during the overclock.. i think theyre called artifacts or something, just reduce the amount you overclocked by until you get a good amount

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I can only assume it worked, first time trying this thing(manually). I kept the sliders within the highlighted areas and it was after I overclocked(if I done it correctly), playing a game. My GPU Clock is at 840 and my Memory Clock is at 1050. When I originally used CCC overdrive it set it to 750/1095 however, I changed it to that and still had the same problem. My temps actually didn't change that much from my idle temps because I had the problem before I actually got into the action.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yup it's artifacting. However you mentioned when you clock to your default 750/1095 you still had the problem? If you're dead set sure that you artifact at default, with a clean install of the driver, it might be time to RMA... Do you get the problem with other games though?

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
it should be fine if you haven't touched the voltage.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by illuminastii
View Post

Well, I can only assume it worked, first time trying this thing(manually). I kept the sliders within the highlighted areas and it was after I overclocked(if I done it correctly), playing a game. My GPU Clock is at 840 and my Memory Clock is at 1050. When I originally used CCC overdrive it set it to 750/1095 however, I changed it to that and still had the same problem. My temps actually didn't change that much from my idle temps because I had the problem before I actually got into the action.

You are artifacting it sounds like. I have my 4870 watercooled and only run GPU Clock @ 825 and memory clock at 1025. I'd say turn them down a notch and you will be fine. As long as you aren't adjusting the voltage, you won't damage it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I just turned them down a little, seems to be fine so far besides the temp increase, but I can just turn the jet powered fan up.. at least I think its jet powered, it sure sounds like it.

Thanks for the answers.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Yeah I just turned them down a little, seems to be fine so far besides the temp increase, but I can just turn the jet powered fan up.. at least I think its jet powered, it sure sounds like it.

Thanks for the answers.

lol at Jet powered !

nah man just a loud fan, i intend of 3rd partying my GPU cooler just to take the LOUD effect away !

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Thanks for the answers.

That's the downside of a "reference" cooler. Next time when buying a videocard look for one with an aftermarket cooler

1 - 12 of 12 Posts