Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got lucky and was able to put a Gigabyte 3070 in the cart. Buy first and figure out if it's what you really wanted later I thought. Newegg check out requires a 2FA so went through that process. Enter the visa an check out. Yay!! Score or so I thought. I look at the invocie and $749.99 plus tax! huh?!?! I thought this was a $599.99 card or $619 for the vision....
Oh well, GPU's are in such short supply I figure I might as well keep it and retire my son's 2070 super. I checked ebay and EVGA 2070 Su are going for $650? Geez, what's this world come to??

·
Performance is the bible
7,205 Posts
Don't know about the end price, but overall prices went up as supply is so low to end consumers.
This also affected 2nd hand prices as it is just as hard to get older GPUs, and people are not fast to upgrade, so high demand and low supply of 2nd hand cards also increased their prices.

Though I don't know if someone will buy a 2nd hand 2070 for 650$, but people were willing to pay 3000$ for a 3090 at the start, so...

·
Totally Tubular
1,570 Posts
Manufacturers had to raise their prices due to tariffs that went into effect over the last couple of months, so there is that as well. I got my 3070 for $800 from eBay and consider myself lucky - most are selling for higher than that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
in december someone bought my 2 year old 2080 ti for more (bidding ended at $850 on ebay) than i paid for my new 3080 ($750 amazon asus tuf)

i was gobsmacked. the industry is at its all time nuttiest.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
It's not called scalping. There's no purchasing and reselling going on.

Unpopular opinion but what Newegg is doing is just supply and demand.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Scalpers and Miners can all go to hell! If it were not for them buying up all the cards the rest of us could have gotten them by now at a reasonable price. Heck given how close the performance is this time around price might have even gone down instead of up. I hope each and every one of those dirty rats find a GPU standing upright with the fans full speed and they sit on it.

·
Rig Advisor
3,234 Posts
Keep in mind, Newegg is just like Amazon now, the majority of what you see listed on their site is NOT sold by newegg, but rather 3rd party sellers using the site as a selling platform. It's not newegg itself scalping, it's the people they allow to sell through their platform.

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,823 Posts
I tweeted Newegg over the outrages prices of their 3rd party sellers. They tweeted back asking how they could assist. I told them to rein in their 3rd party sellers but I never heard back.

Amazon did not bother to respond.

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Don’t buy the cards then. It’s that simple. Don’t like the price of something then buy it from somewhere else. It’s not on Newegg to keep prices low it’s on Nivida to stop the bots.

• Rep+
Reactions: Sir Beregond

·
Rig Advisor
3,234 Posts
Don’t buy the cards then. It’s that simple. Don’t like the price of something then buy it from somewhere else. It’s not on Newegg to keep prices low it’s on Nivida to stop the bots.
Which they will never do. Why would they waste time and money stopping something that they want? It's quite obvious they expected and want the botting to continue. And it will for the foreseeable future.

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
is the end of the PC Gaming , is look like , graphic card are ridiculous expensive
You don’t need the new GPU to play games, the old ones still work. This is always something that’s the end of PC gaming yet it hasn’t gone away. It won’t now either

·
Senior OCN Member
40,453 Posts
You don’t need the new GPU to play games, the old ones still work. This is always something that’s the end of PC gaming yet it hasn’t gone away. It won’t now either
What if your old GPU just died and you want a new one but cant find anything not overpriced to high heaven
I had a GTX 970 in an older machine that just bit the dust just after almost 7 years and i cant find any card to replace it not new not second hand not even a GTX 1050 Ti

About all i can find is the GTX 710/730 and GTX 1030 and those are waste of time for anything more than getting a picture on screen they dont even have display port on any of the cards that i can find

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
What if your old GPU just died and you want a new one but cant find anything not overpriced to high heaven
I had a GTX 970 in an older machine that just bit the just after almost 7 years and i cant find any card to replace it not new not second hand not even a GTX 1050 Ti

About all i can find is the GTX 710/730 and GTX 1030 and those are waste of time for anything more than getting a picture on screen they dont even have display port on any of the cards that i can find
The you go without. You're not entitled to having access to a cheap GPU, maybe you should of upgraded in those 7 years.

·
771on775 user,Complainer
1,645 Posts
I bought the 3070 Vision 2 weeks ago and it was $619. BB/BH/Microcenter are all showing lower prices than Newegg.
The tariff would only increase the price on NEW stock added from the date it went into effect. the other places may be selling items they already had in stock from before the tariff hit.

·
Registered
99 Posts
exactly bro that's the reason I still playing games with my GTX 1070 , and still perform very good in Triple A games

·
771on775 user,Complainer
1,645 Posts
I had a GTX 970 in an older machine that just bit the just after almost 7 years and i cant find any card to replace it not new not second hand not even a GTX 1050 Ti

Msi 1050ti on newegg new in stock for u.s. $229.99 MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti DirectX 12 Video Card - Newegg.com

1 - 20 of 42 Posts