Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all Danger Den has done majority of the "mod" part for this case. I will only have to drill a few holes and sleeve some cables (hopefully).

Index:
Update 1: My large package
---Dimensions
---Rad size decision and 1st routing plan
Update 2: The case
Update 3: More parts
Update 4: Sleeving begins
Update 5: Custom reservoirs arrive

Most of the guts will come from my current PC with a few upgrades.
Link

The inspiration:
My current case does not allow me to maintenance or change parts very easily due to so much stuff being packed in the case. I wanted a case where I could house all my parts and still be able to change things as well as drain and fill the loops easier. I know acrylic cases are not really fashionable any longer but I don't care.
I really like acrylic cases. I like to be able to see all my expensive hardware. I also want to add a third loop, I think I have too much restriction in my cpu/mb loop. Finally I just wanted something unique.

Goals:
Acrylic case (Done)
Add a third loop/simplify CPU/MB loop (Parts purchased)
Add a third gpu ()
Upgrade rads (Done)
Possibly add a 980X (?)
Sleeve everything ()

The case:

This

and this

go to the bar get drunk and produce a bastard son out of wedlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called up Danger Den got a quote from a very nice woman named Debbi and ordered the case.
The process was easy and Debbi was very helpful. I highly recommend this company to other enthusiast.

The case will be of the Black Edition variety. UV blue front and back panels. PSU on the right half of the case (when viewed from the front). Pumps and reservoirs will go on the right, the usual stuff on the left.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by pt50 View Post
Is this completely custom, or can i buy this case?
It is not 100% custom. I liked the double wide 21 case but wanted to be able to fit 480 rads like the tower 26 so I asked them to do it. So while it is custom you can buy the same case (or similar) if you call and ask them to do it. Tell them what you want and they will give you a price. And to be honest I think the price they gave me was very reasonable.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update 1: My large package

Okay here are some new pictures.

One big box. This thing is heavy.

Everything was well packaged.

4 drain/fill ports.
I ordered the case a while ago and had not yet decided to go with a three loop setup. I will have to order two more when I get my upgraded radiators. I have no clue what I am going to do with my current radiators.

Panels were wrapped securely in plastic with foam glued to the edges. The glue makes a mess but it kept the case protected during shipping so no complaints.

DD logos look nice. This is the bottom of the case. The hole is for the PSU fan.

Side of the case. Again packed very well.

This thing is large!
To give an idea of the scale.

Big power for a big case.

I ordered the case with blue UV front and rear panels like the cases shown in my original post. Unfortunately DD is having some sort of issue getting the material. Debbi from Danger Den contacted me and informed me of this a day or two after I ordered the case so it was not a surprise.
She said that it would be a while till the material came in and said they would send me the panels in clear acrylic until the blue UV acrylic came in. At which point they will send me the blue UV panels. I thought that was EXCEPTIONAL customer service.

Click for a higher res picture

Back of the case.

Front of Case.

All the brackets and screws are inside the large bundle of panels.

I plan to do a bit of work to the case this weekend. Will post an update in a few days hopefully.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcnoob1 View Post
Agreed!! this DD res is on my wishlist

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=26018
I also like that res. I have been looking at that and the t-virus. I would like a really unique res.

I keep thinking of making my own res, I have access to a pretty [email protected] machine shop and I am proficient in Unigraphics. So i could design something but the only problem is we don't work with acrylic so I don't know the machine work would turn out.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbabe001
View Post

I also like that res. I have been looking at that and the t-virus. I would like a really unique res.

I keep thinking of making my own res, I have access to a pretty [email protected] machine shop and I am proficient in Unigraphics. So i could design something but the only problem is we don't work with acrylic so I don't know the machine work would turn out.

heard somewhere that the quality of the t virus res is sub par. theres actually a thread somewhere on ocn. as for the danger den res, those pics don't do any justice. check this out:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
Damn this thing looks HUGE! sad that's its going to be another month until we get to see it built though

Any idea on the final dimensions?
I have the case mostly put together now. It measures 14.5" wide x 25.5" tall x 20.675" deep.

I will put some pictures of the progress up when I fit the side panels. hopefully tomorrow.

Until then here are a few pictures.

This thing is going to be hard to keep clean. All the little specs are dust and paper debris.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ordered my two 480 radiators and my third pump today.
Now I need to figure out what I want to do for reservoirs. I like the Danger Den res but I want something unique.
If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbabe001
View Post

Ordered my two 480 radiators and my third pump today.
Now I need to figure out what I want to do for reservoirs. I like the Danger Den res but I want something unique.
If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

hmm get a cyber druid res

·
Registered
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcnoob1 View Post
hmm get a cyber druid res

I don't think he makes those anymore but I guess with enough money he would change his mind

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This thing looks pretty cool. Maybe a bit noisy.
No longer being made though.

I just talked to Danger Den, they must be sick of me by now. I discussed getting a customized DD res. I can get the ends in any color I want. So that may look pretty nice. I can also lengthen it as my case a rather large.

Please note that I made the part names up.

They would be mounted with this, in black.

I am thinking that I may go with clear tube (as required), UV blue backing ring, and a clear cap. I think that would tie together nicely with my case colors (see first post).
Or I could do a black backing ring and a UV blue cap.

I was thinking either 12" or 15" long. I don't want them to look disproportionate to the case but I don't want to make them so big it is hard to route all the tubes and wires.

12"

15"

Scale is close but not perfect.

I am thinking the 12" may be best. 1/2 Tygon tube has a pretty large bend radius. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmmm

I think I like the larger one in the middle idea. I need to stagger the middle one due to the cap width. I will have to go back and update my powerpoint.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts