Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between the Danger Den TDX waterblock and the Danger Den RBX waterblock? And which would be better to cool a Pentium 4 550 3.4GHz?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by EJSusalla

What is the difference between the Danger Den TDX waterblock and the Danger Den RBX waterblock? And which would be better to cool a Pentium 4 550 3.4GHz?

TDX = 2 barbs
RBX = 3 barbs

TDX is their newest design, made for the best heat dissipation possible...that is, if you have a matching high flow pump

TDX will outperform RBX given that it is paired with a high flow pump

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
they are both just about the same, the rbx just has 3 fittings/barbs which makes the cooling a little different. but there is almost no difference between perofrmance, thats why me and alot of other members use the TDX because its simple and is one of the best performing blocks around when given a good pump.

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Quote:

Which is better for the top style, lucite or brass?

The thermal transfer abilities of brass is better than lucite. So if hot water touches brass; the brass is more able to transfer the heat out into the case. If your case temps are too high the reverse can happen as well. However, if you are that far above ambient than you have more problems. I hope this helped.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Which pump should I buy that would help my TDX to perform at its best?
Hydor L30
Hydor L35 (I own this one and a TDX)
Ehiem 1048
Ehiem 1250
DD 12v Pump

I'm sure there's more but those are very well known and will all work perfectly with the block you're looking at.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
u dont want that radiator, get yourslef the double heatercore with a shroud and 2 120mm fans. it out performs that black ice, and is great bang 4 buck at 34$!

and yeah, any pump that has at least 700gph flow will be good.

as for tops, both are about the same, but brass will absorb a little more heat then the lucite, but then if u have UV dye or anything, the lucite looks cooler

1 - 10 of 10 Posts