Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking up info on these two cases and i wanted to know if having what people essentially call a "tech bench" be used as a regular case. Are cases like these OK to have if you just want a compact case with unique look, or do they run too hot because of insufficient airflow?

Also good to know that I do not wish to water cool mah pc.

EDIT: But i have one more question... Is the Airbox any better than an enclosed Torture Rack, because the torture rack has 120mm fans and the airbox only has 80mm fans, what benefit does the airbox have?

Thanks in Advance
-Lumpiia

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
I use a HSPC tech station as my day to day case and its great my hdd is never warm, my graphics card only get hot after about 10hours of constant gaming, my nb/sb are cool to the touch. there are no cons my friend! just enjoy!

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
mine doesn't run hot. and it didn't on air either.
my temps were actually better because everything is out in the open and not smothered by metal with only a few holes for air to come in or leave.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFFY
View Post

I use a HSPC tech station as my day to day case and its great my hdd is never warm, my graphics card only get hot after about 10hours of constant gaming, my nb/sb are cool to the touch. there are no cons my friend! just enjoy!

The HSPC is not inclosed right? I was worried because i think the DD case may get hot when a top and front panel is added. and i have a lil bro at my house so having an open computer is a little...dangerous, i think.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Go for the Airbox. they are slick and cool decently. I used to be a regular forum member over at DD and there were TONS of people who posted about how much they loved it. It won't cool as well as a full tower but it does it's job.

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
This torture rack knows not of this word "heat"

Q9650 @ 4.05 Ghz, 30*C idle 60*C load on Intel burn test, 50*C load on P95, 45*C while folding

IMO these cases are designed for watercooling, but aircooling is fine in them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFreeRollerX
View Post

This torture rack knows not of this word "heat"
Q9650 @ 4.05 Ghz, 30*C idle 60*C load on Intel burn test, 50*C load on P95, 45*C while folding
IMO these cases are designed for watercooling, but aircooling is fine in them.

Outstanding Case =D But i have one more question... Is the Airbox any better than an enclosed Torture Rack, because the torture rack has 120mm fans and the airbox only has 80mm fans, what benefit does the airbox have?

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spart
View Post

The torture rack is an open air case while the Airbox is closed yet has the tech bench look. By enclosing the case you get better airflow since the air cant just go where ever it wants to.

I could easily say the hot air wont get trapped. its how you use the fans that counts.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFreeRollerX
View Post

I could easily say the hot air wont get trapped. its how you use the fans that counts.

the walls of the case help direct the airflow. If you have a low CFM fan and nothing to direct it's airflow it will pretty much be useless.

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spart
View Post

the walls of the case help direct the airflow. If you have a low CFM fan and nothing to direct it's airflow it will pretty much be useless.

Ah yeah, I have 12 fans that push 133 CFM each....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts