Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I still use the Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX & it works good when I have the fan on high but its so damn loud.

My temps on load are around 45-50, might hit 55 if Im gaming which is not bad. Is the Dark Night worth getting? Would it lower the temps even more & is it loud? The only thing Im worried about is it not fitting. The Typhoon also has a 120mm fan, so does the Dark Knight, so wouldnt it be around the same temps? Or would the upgrade be worth it.

The cooler I have now blocks the first two slots on my MB, which is fine since I use the back two.

Also, installation wise, is it easy to install? I'm not to good with installing HSF's but I didnt have a problem installing the Big Typhoon.

Thanks 4 the help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,778 Posts
i upgraded from a Typhoon to a Xiggy DK and never looked back i love it! its not a loud even at max speed. very easy to fit but i have AM2 mobo. Oh so do you LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
716 Posts
Yeah you should go for the Dark Knight. You have a top exhaust on your case right? I've hard the DK can't be installed vertically on AMD boards disallowing airflow to the back exhaust of the case. My DK is arriving today or tomorrow, I can't say how difficult it is to set up but from the videos I've seen it doesn't seem hard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:


Originally Posted by JMT668
View Post

i upgraded from a Typhoon to a Xiggy DK and never looked back i love it! its not a loud even at max speed. very easy to fit but i have AM2 mobo. Oh so do you LOL

Thanks, maybe I will decide to order me one.

What were your temps before & after?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
716 Posts
Which part of brooklyn are you from? I was raised in the Crown Heights area. Just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:


Originally Posted by Lockedge
View Post

Which part of brooklyn are you from? I was raised in the Crown Heights area. Just curious.

Hey fellow Brooklynite, I grew up in Sunset Park, lived there for like 20 years, now I'm in Dyker Heights. So you in FL now? Thats a big move l0l
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
716 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by llChaosll
View Post

Hey fellow Brooklynite, I grew up in Sunset Park, lived there for like 20 years, now I'm in Dyker Heights. So you in FL now? Thats a big move l0l

I've got family in Sunset Park too, Dyker Heights? I haven't been there but heard it has nice houses. I haven't been in NY since 2003, miss it real bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:


Originally Posted by Lockedge
View Post

I've got family in Sunset Park too, Dyker Heights? I haven't been there but heard it has nice houses. I haven't been in NY since 2003, miss it real bad.

Kool, yeah Dyker Heights is really nice.
I used to live on 52nd bet 4th & 5th in Sunset.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top