Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My windows clock, the one at the bottom right, always gets ahead for some reason. I got home today and it was like 15 minutes ahead. So I synchronized, and it was ok. Now it is 3 minutes fast, so I synchronized, and its normal... It has been doing this for like 3 days now... ARGH!

·
Registered
712 Posts
could be crappy code that doesn;t have an internal counter and the overclocking is makign the clock run faster... I dunno but I seen some wierd things

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjolnir
Could it be the battery on the mobo?
My bios is right

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittani
could be crappy code that doesn;t have an internal counter and the overclocking is makign the clock run faster... I dunno but I seen some wierd things
I think i know...

Its windows.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob

Its windows.
That explains EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I think his BIOS is messed up... XP gets it's date time from there 99.9% of the time and if it's set wrong or going ape in the BIOs it will mess with windows.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittani
I think his BIOS is messed up... XP gets it's date time from there 99.9% of the time and if it's set wrong or going ape in the BIOs it will mess with windows.
I agree it could be the bios, but the other option we need to look at is that it keep syncing with the windows time server whick liek everything else MS does never holds the correct time.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostnhell
I agree it could be the bios, but the other option we need to look at is that it keep syncing with the windows time server whick liek everything else MS does never holds the correct time.
I'm more concerned with the fact that he is saying the clock is running fast... IE is running at a faster speed. It could be related to a glitch in some BIOSes that makes it so if you OC your FSB it in effect overclocks your system clock... if windows is tied to this then it will run fast too... test it out by going into the BIOS with a stopwatch or other timer and time out 5-10 minutes... if after that time the BIOS is still in sync you knwo the problem is entirely within windows... if it's not then you know it's your BIOS that's impatient.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts