Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decited to learn to program in c++.
I have downloaded microsoft visual c++ 2005 express edition and am working from the tutorials at cprogramming.com as I find my way around the software. Do you guys have any tips or tricks that you used to learn c++? Thanks-D&C

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
I'm learning Java, which is a little bit more recent and updated than C++. However, the language is similar to C++, so when I actually learn enough to share, I definitely will.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I'm in awe of you guys .I cant get my head round it .Being dislexic makes learning very difficult .So i wish you all the best (very jealous ) Mark

·
Registered
257 Posts
Heh, i recommend never learning java... I currently know 7 or 8 languages including C++ and ASM and others, but java i found to be already out of date even though it is so new and it doesnt seem to have that power... but anyways thats just my worthless opinion, but i say good luck to you and if u really are serious about learning C++ then find some good books either by buying or ur local library and experiment heaps because practical use is the fastest way to learn a language.

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
I always found that having a small project to figure out is a good way to learn. *hint* *hint* Programming Challenge *hint* *hint*

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BFRD

I always found that having a small project to figure out is a good way to learn. *hint* *hint* Programming Challenge *hint* *hint*

Not quite there yet lol. I did write 4 simple calculator programs last night though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts