Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wats 45 dba like in comparison to something common at that noise level?
i wanna figure out how much noise i can tolerate before i buy a fan cuz im gettin that h/s finally. i managed to bum some money !!! xp120 so it needs to be 120 mm suggestions welcomed.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles

wats 45 dba like in comparison to something common at that noise level?
i wanna figure out how much noise i can tolerate before i buy a fan cuz im gettin that h/s finally. i managed to bum some money !!! xp120 so it needs to be 120 mm suggestions welcomed.

Panaflo Medium 87cfm @ 35cfm. That's not loud at all, 45dbs is a different story... Not really bad, but it can get annoying.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yeah, its not like drive u insane loud, but its hard to sleep by it. its not very anooying gaing or anything though.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
fan controller great! i have one on my fans, and its good to turn em down to 35dba when not gaming... the panaflos dont have any "on tap" power...

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123
fan controller great! i have one on my fans, and its good to turn em down to 35dba when not gaming... the panaflos dont have any "on tap" power...
on tap?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

If you're getting a fan controller you might as well go with a delta... Now that's "on tap" power.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
I don't mind loud fans if they're really loud.. but when they're a high pitched noise, instead of a low pitched noise.. it really annoys me.. lol

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail
I don't mind loud fans if they're really loud.. but when they're a high pitched noise, instead of a low pitched noise.. it really annoys me.. lol
yea my ram beeps every time i send an instant message cuz i just tripped over my headset and broke the wire and thats annoying too

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
well, it depends which way u want to go. either low dba, low cfm, or a fan controller with delta fans which will give u better performance when u need it

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i want reasonable dba. like not vaccum cleaner or nethign and a fan controller. wat about zalman coolers? cheaper than xp120 and much quieter

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yes, theyre good, but not quite as good of performer as the XP120

but either get the 120mm zalman or the XP120 with panaflo medium

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

yes, theyre good, but not quite as good of performer as the XP120