Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying this premo waterblock from Dangerden.com to cool of my Preshott 3.0e. I just dont know what pump to buy and hose size radiator etc.. I just want to buy the right stuff and put it together so it will take full advantage of the Silver Waterblock.. any advice would be helpful. I'm kind of new to the water cooling.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
I've looked at alot of reviews on the silver TDX.. they all say that its not worth the price difference temperature wise compared to the copper TDX, but its worth it in the physical appearance department.. lol
Your best bet would be the copper version, and the rest of the guys can help you out alot more then me.. I don't even have my liquid yet..

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
not that i am a hard core wcer yet, but i have done my research

1) forget the silver, unless you got the bling bling and don't care
2) pump = hydor L30 - 35, whatever you want, they are strong
3) rad = negative, get a heatercore from local autoparts shop
4) get some tygon 1/2ID tubing

cool temps await...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just any heater core from the autoparts store? IS that what you did? Screw the silver I dont want to spend the extra money.. not worth it then its not worth it.. so 1/2 tubing is the fat stuff.. ok cool.. Wont it be a pain to mount a 120mm fan to a autoparts heatercore? Is the tygon tubing UV?

Quote:

Originally Posted by newbieocer

not that i am a hard core wcer yet, but i have done my research

1) forget the silver, unless you got the bling bling and don't care
2) pump = hydor L30 - 35, whatever you want, they are strong
3) rad = negative, get a heatercore from local autoparts shop
4) get some tygon 1/2ID tubing

cool temps await...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RiPPCLaW

Just any heater core from the autoparts store? IS that what you did? Screw the silver I dont want to spend the extra money.. not worth it then its not worth it.. so 1/2 tubing is the fat stuff.. ok cool.. Wont it be a pain to mount a 120mm fan to a autoparts heatercore? Is the tygon tubing UV?

heatercore not that expensive, less than a double 120mm rad from per se, danger den....

look up a chevy chevette

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Quote:

as far as the tygon goes, mostly non-uv - but that is what uv dye is for!

and yes, 1/2ID tubing is basicaly the fatest possible, but tygon is non-kink so you can really bend that tubing to fit where you need it to!

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

read my post at the bottom of this page if you want a dual heater core.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts