Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried installing DD-WRT on my router as I'm having to reboot it almost every day. I followed every step to a T. However after the final 30/30/30 reboot absolutely nothing had changed. I followed the directions on the wiki page for DD-WRT and my router. What could I have possibly missed?

Read the Peacock Announcement.
Download ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn13575/dd-wrt.v24-13575_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt160nv3.bin. If you wish to experiment with a newer build, you can download the latest firmware from ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/ that has "WRT160Nv3" in the file name. You should read the "build thread" for any build you are considering putting on your router, before flashing a newer build, (as discussed in the peacock announcement).
Ensure you have a physical ethernet connection to your router, and disable your wireless adapter, antivirus/firewall protection, and any software that makes strong use of your network (BitTorrent, Streaming Audio/Video, etc).
Perform a hard 30/30/30 reset.
Navigate to http://192.168.1.1/ in your web browser of choice.
At the Linksys Management Mode screen, do not give the reboot command. You will use this page to upgrade your firmware.
Browse to the firmware you downloaded and click Upload.
Do not touch anything. The page will tell you that the upgrade was successful and the router is now rebooting. Your router may take upwards of a couple minutes to reboot. Watch the lights... once the wireless and power indicators are on steadily for several seconds, your router is fully rebooted and you can click "Continue" in your browser window.
If the DD-WRT password change page displays, your upgrade has been successful, and you must now perform another hard 30/30/30 reset. This time, when you navigate to 192.168.1.1, click "Reboot" and wait for the router to come online again so you can configure it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I installed DD-WRT to my WRT160N just a few weeks ago.
First, check which version you have. v1 and v3 can be upgraded. v2 cannot.

The below links are for v3 devices:

For starters you should flash to a version such as "Linksys WRT160n v3 Firmware: Special File for initial flashing"dd-wrt.v24-13309_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt160nv3.bin

Once you have that working, flash to a new release like dd-wrt.v24-16754_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt160nv3.bin

Follow this guide: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT150N_%26_WRT160N (which I see you have
smile.gif
)
Make sure to do 30/30/30 hard reboots before and after each flash.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used the file in the first post of mine. I also did the 30/30/30 boots before and after. It's still the same ol linksys firmware though.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, got it that time. I tried the 13309 like you said. Worked with no issues.. +REP to you
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read about issues using dd-wrt and N on these. You have any issues with that?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog;13062033
I read about issues using dd-wrt and N on these. You have any issues with that?
Besides signal strength dropping a bit I havhe not really noticed any other changes.

edit: sorry to thread jack, but has there been any major updates with dd-wrt in the last year? I have not upgraded the firmware since I first did it like a year ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog;13061456
I tried installing DD-WRT on my router as I'm having to reboot it almost every day. I followed every step to a T. However after the final 30/30/30 reboot absolutely nothing had changed. I followed the directions on the wiki page for DD-WRT and my router. What could I have possibly missed?
I cannot successfully hard 30/30/30 reset, apparently, because when I try, I am only prompted by a login screen, and no management mode page... any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Hi guys.

My Linksys WRT160N with DD-WRT suddenly stopped working after 1 year plus. All the 4 LAN lights and the Globe lights keep flashing whenever i turned it on. Did a 30/30/30 reset and it still flashes. What gives?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beers;15435504
Its dead, Jim.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
Funny thing is that when i plugged my older linksys BEFW11S4 wireless B router, the same thing happens. I know this old Wireless B linksys router is working fine.

Could it be the damn power adapter?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I had the same problem on a DIR-615 E1 mehh. It's a cheap Router just give it up
tongue.gif

I've got a WNDR3700, DIR-615 B2 , and a WRT400N (Thats running DD-WRT)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts