Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When is it comming out? because im thinking about buying new ram so should i wait and get a new mobo with ddr2 or buy ddr1.What would be decent overclocking ram for my system I would like 1 gig.Its between Geil, OCZ, Crucial, G.SKILL, I dont like corsair that much because of previos problems.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
DDR2 will happen when the M2 socket comes out, thats not til the end of this year at the very earliest.

As for ram...it really depends more on which model of the brand then the brand itself. What kind of budget do you have for ram?

***EDIT

2008 is when AMD plans on implementing the use of DDR3...WOWZA!

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Geil, which model? If you (or we) know the model, we can figure out what IC's are being used, which is really the main concern with overclocking.

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
AM2 will be released this spring. I would wait until that happens to buy your ram.

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
i personally would wait for faqster ddr2 memory support on the boards
ddr2 533 mhz the memory timings stink

·
Banned
60 Posts
If you get some ddr ram.. go for the 1gble G.Skill kit. Stock speed is 550, so you have quite a ways to increase your fsb, before you even need to OC your ram. With low voltage you can get nice timmings.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

DDR2 will happen when the M2 socket comes out, thats not til the end of this year at the very earliest.

As for ram...it really depends more on which model of the brand then the brand itself. What kind of budget do you have for ram?

***EDIT

2008 is when AMD plans on implementing the use of DDR3...WOWZA!

Wow, DDR3... I think my computer will run until '08! Heck, I ran a PIII 760 Mhz for that long!

Edit: If video card manufacturers have been using GDDR3 for quite a while now, why is the rest of the industry so far behind??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts