Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i recently bought a new computer, an HP Media Center PC with all of this stuff just check my sys stats. My RAM is Infineon with stock timings of 3-3-3-8-2T but I can greatly increase the bandwith by disabling 2T with A64Tweaker. I want to know if having this ddisabled will damage my system in any way. Also... my MoBo has 4 DIMMs 2Black 2 Blue. My RAM came in the black ones and its dual channel. I read somewhere that switching your RAM in the DIMMs with change performance but what do the colors signify. Also also.... Are there any good Overclocking Softwares because my BIOS dosent support OC. And what is up with my HDD its idle at like 170Farenheit.

PLL:
ICS
CA53295
951412AG

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xviosx

Ok i recently bought a new computer, an HP Media Center PC with all of this stuff just check my sys stats. My RAM is Infineon with stock timings of 3-3-3-8-2T but I can greatly increase the bandwith by disabling 2T with A64Tweaker. I want to know if having this ddisabled will damage my system in any way. Also... my MoBo has 4 DIMMs 2Black 2 Blue. My RAM came in the black ones and its dual channel. I read somewhere that switching your RAM in the DIMMs with change performance but what do the colors signify. Also also.... Are there any good Overclocking Softwares because my BIOS dosent support OC. And what is up with my HDD its idle at like 170Farenheit.

PLL:
ICS
CA53295
951412AG

Try Clockgen and see if that works for doing the overclocking. Disabling 2T switches your Ram over to 1T. Essentially, your ram now communicates with the CPU every clock as opposed to every 2 clocks. This won't damage the ram. Moving the ram shouldn't affect the performance, make sure, as they are now, that the sticks are in the same colour. This allows them to work in DC. A performance boost could be gained, if they were in different colours, as they wouldn't be in DC.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also my HDD fails SMART tests because it says the drive temp is too high but it has always been that high n00b question whats DC im kinda new to overclocking but im a PC wiz

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Also my HDD fails SMART tests because it says the drive temp is too high but it has always been that high n00b question whats DC im kinda new to overclocking but im a PC wiz

Get some airflow past it if you want to bring the temps down.
Just shorthand for Dual Channel .

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

The Commant Rate that you're referring to will have a lot less performance difference in real world applications than what you're seeing with a synthetic benchmark. You'll find about 1 to 3% gain according to real world apps benchmarks.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea never thought about DC meaning dual channel and just crashed my pc with clockgen
wrong PLL got it now

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so now i OC'd my Athlon to 2650MHz from 2387 but the FSB is at 220 and so is the RAM no the benchmark says DDR440 is this safe i have the clockgen all the way up is there anyway to up it further like different OC software thanks also what aobutthe effects of OC on the HTT. I read soomewhere about a divider not going over 1000 or something

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

ok so now i OC'd my Athlon to 2650MHz from 2387 but the FSB is at 220 and so is the RAM no the benchmark says DDR440 is this safe i have the clockgen all the way up is there anyway to up it further like different OC software thanks also what aobutthe effects of OC on the HTT. I read soomewhere about a divider not going over 1000 or something

Lower your HTT multiplier from 5X to 4X. As far as safety goes, you need to look at your load temperature of your cpu. Keep it under 55 C.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cpu-z says something like 12x multiplier and i have no way to change the multiplier anyway, any software you recommend or flash BIOS for ATi xpress 200 / RS480 my bios has nothing

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

cpu-z says something like 12x multiplier and i have no way to change the multiplier anyway, any software you recommend or flash BIOS for ATi xpress 200 / RS480 my bios has nothing

You're confusing your cpu multiplier with your htt multiplier. You need to keep your HyperTransport Bus under 1 ghz for stability. You'll also find no performance gain/loss by moving it up/down a few hundred mhz. The bandwidth of that bus is overkill for current computer systems.

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
Quote:

hes not talking about the CPU multiplier, which is at 12, but the HTT-multiplier, which is set at 5. When going over 200FSB it should be at 4, and when going over 250FSB it should be at 3

EDIT: damn you sccr, you got the post before me

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you now i get it and yes what is the BW on HTT something like 22GB/s i have nothing to change the HTT x my BIOS dosent support OC

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

thank you now i get it and yes what is the BW on HTT something like 22GB/s i have nothing to change the HTT x my BIOS dosent support OC

Can you give us a link to your motherboard model?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It says Phoenix BIOS 11/11/2005 or something like that when i start up but nothing about award... not sure but im absolutely certain it dosent have any options for multipliers or OC

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its not a big board brand like Gigabyte or ASUS it's stock w/ HP

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
is it possible that there is something to lower CPU/HTT multiplier to further OC my 3800+

Phoenix Award BIOS v6.0 For HP
supports no OC IM SURE

1 - 18 of 18 Posts