Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2 identical sticks of DDR400 PC3200 OCZ Permeir series ram and one of them is 2.5 3 3 7 and the other is 3 3 3 7 and they were both purchased at the same time. how do i up the 2.5 to 3 and lock it there so both sticks work together?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,555 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by nonxsistant

i have 2 identical sticks of DDR400 PC3200 OCZ Permeir series ram and one of them is 2.5 3 3 7 and the other is 3 3 3 7 and they were both purchased at the same time. how do i up the 2.5 to 3 and lock it there so both sticks work together?

Go into your Bios.

The go to Genie Bios Settings, the first option there is DRAM Configurations, You got set set the timings there instead of everything being auto.

Change

(Tlc) CAS Latency Control - 3
(Trcd) Ras To Cas Delay - 3
(Tras) Min RAS# Active Time - 7
(Trp) Row Percharge Time - 3

Leave everything else in auto.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

Go into your Bios.

The go to Genie Bios Settings, the first option there is DRAM Configurations, You got set set the timings there instead of everything being auto.

Change

(Tlc) CAS Latency Control - 3
(Trcd) Ras To Cas Delay - 3
(Tras) Min RAS# Active Time - 7
(Trp) Row Percharge Time - 3

Leave everything else in auto.

i do that but it doesnt change them both. so should i put one stick in there and change the settings, then put the other and change the settings agaian and then put both in to see if the settings locked? because one of the sticks is locked and wont change its TLC
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonxsistant
i do that but it doesnt change them both. so should i put one stick in there and change the settings, then put the other and change the settings agaian and then put both in to see if the settings locked? because one of the sticks is locked and wont change its TLC
That doesnt change the settings inside the stick, it changes it at motherboard level to force the sticks to run at that speed, so if you put one in change it, and then the otherone you wouldnt be doing anything because as soon as you pull them out they default back to stock...

I have no idea why it doesnt make both change...

When you do those settings I told you it should force all sticks of ram in the board to run those timings... If they cant run them then it just wont boot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400
That doesnt change the settings inside the stick, it changes it at motherboard level to force the sticks to run at that speed, so if you put one in change it, and then the otherone you wouldnt be doing anything because as soon as you pull them out they default back to stock...

I have no idea why it doesnt make both change...

When you do those settings I told you it should force all sticks of ram in the board to run those timings... If they cant run them then it just wont boot.
well i did that earlier but il try again, If you can think of any other reason why one is locked and wont change, post pls
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top