Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a DDR2/3 graphics card work on just a DDR Mobo???

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

It sure will. A graphics card has its own memory controller, and operates fully independent from the motherboard. Thus, nothing to worry about. As long as the interface is correct (PCI-E, AGP, whichever you have), you can stick any card you want in that mothetboard.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
yes.

As long as you choose a card that fits the mobo e.g PCI-e card/PCI-e mobo, AGP card/AGP mobo

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well you sound quite certain, so thats all good. This could be the end of this thread then.I feel like such a noob now !

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
God damn it chozart, just too fast.

• Rep+
Reactions: kame1986

·
Administrator
64,361 Posts
System Memory such as DDR and DDR2 is different from Onboard graphical memory typically found on Video cards..When it comes to memory type on a G-card any motherboard will be fine with that..Its just the bus type you neeed to watch ( AGP/PCI-E )

You will be fine

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kame1986 View Post
Well you sound quite certain, so thats all good. This could be the end of this thread then.I feel like such a noob now !
Don't feel bad, that question shows that you at least see a potential problem. Back when I first started building PCs, I ordered a stick of DDR2 RAM for my DDR motherboard, thinking it was just a faster version, and not realizing that DDR2 doesn't fit in DDR slots.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your help guys.

Man it sucks being out of the game. Thats what i get for not having the net in my new home.

So..........

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED COS EVERYTHING HAS BEEN ANSWERED !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts