Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to tweak my memory timings if possible, I was able to get 3200mhz from 2666mhz just by bumping up the voltage to 1.35v from 1.2v at stock timings (16-18-18-35). Tried setting the command rate to 1T, but the comp wont boot. What I want to know is if I can drop the timings down a bit? If so, to what? I have no idea where to start or if there's any golden rules to go by when doing this.

I've attached a pic from HWinFO64 as well. Not sure why the program is showing it as 4 sticks, when I'm running 2x8GB. This is the ram, specs are down at the bottom of the page: https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX67460

Attachments

·
Dream Chaser
3,765 Posts
IMO you'd be better off dropping the clock til stable, then tightening the timings from there until unstable. If its unstable at those timings its probably more due to the frequency and less from the individual timings. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO you'd be better off dropping the clock til stable, then tightening the timings from there until unstable. If its unstable at those timings its probably more due to the frequency and less from the individual timings. Just my 2 cents.
It's stable as is, only issue was trying to drop the command rate from 2T to 1T...that's not a big deal though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
1T command rate takes more vdimm. If you have good memory, I'd up the voltage a bit to see if you can get it stable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts