Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is necessary for me to further my understanding of RAM speeds and dividers... and so I can match cpu and ram speed with my max HTT/FSB for the board, which is, wait for it, 360mhz (way above what I thought before).

We are talking about an old board, ASUS A8NSLI SE

DDR400 RAM runs at a MAX 200MHZ, x2. anything under 200 in the bios settings, in theory, is stable?

For example, lets say I enter 210 MHZ for the ram speed in bios, which means RAM will run at 420, so in theory, RAM wont be stable as its operating at above its rated value (depending on the quality of the ram, voltage etc).

or if I set the ram in BIOS as 210, its clock frequency is actualLy 105, which is then double pumped to give me 210..? This is where I am confused.

thanks if you can be arsed to answer my pre-school question!

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,926 Posts
I recommend using CPU-Z. If the Memory tab shows 200 MHz, then it's 400 MHz. If it shows 100, then it's 200 MHz. This is just because it's Double Data Rate memory (DDR2 and DDR3 are exactly the same way).

·
Premium Member
32,931 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
I recommend using CPU-Z. If the Memory tab shows 200 MHz, then it's 400 MHz. If it shows 100, then it's 200 MHz. This is just because it's Double Data Rate memory (DDR2 and DDR3 are exactly the same way).
This....

Plus, is that 360Mhz HTT stable? If so...I want your board! Lol. My Opteron 165 is just BEGGING to see past 334 HTT stable (3.0GHz 334x9 is stable at 1.32v).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
This....

Plus, is that 360Mhz HTT stable? If so...I want your board! Lol. My Opteron 165 is just BEGGING to see past 334 HTT stable (3.0GHz 334x9 is stable at 1.32v).
stable boot to windows yes, perhaps not buddy as I haven't properly stressed it yet and only will when I can get other components to match that speed (if ever). If I go to 363, windows will have a fit.

thanks man

1 - 4 of 4 Posts