Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy some DDR500 RAM soon; will I need anything to help keep its temperatures cool, or will it be OK right out of the box?

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
I don't know if this is what was supposed to be linked, but for under $15 this is a pretty sweet active RAM cooling solution: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...116-004&depa=0

While it's never been proven that RAM cooling has any affect on performance, I put one of these kits in my mom's rig when I built it. It's cooling some of my old PC2700, which is running 100% stable 1:1 w/ a 2.8E/ @ PC3200 speeds.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrohak

I'm going to buy some DDR500 RAM soon; will I need anything to help keep its temperatures cool, or will it be OK right out of the box?

If your going to put some serious voltage through the ram it maybe worth using a Zalman fan bracket on. I use that with an 80mm fan

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Most heat spreaders use a less than 1mm thick thermal pad..

All some AS5 would do is help move heat to the pad and then the pad would have to move the heat..

I think that running the risk of having AS5 getting on the rams IC bridges would not be worth it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts