Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by werearse

DO you need Motherboard support, to use DDR500, or can you use on any Mobo?

You can use any speed RAm on your mobo as long as it is the correct type, DDR or DR2. if the RAM speed is greater than the speed the mobo supports it will jsut underclock the RAM to the max speed the mobo supports, by using underclocked RAM you gain additional legroom for overclocking you system and the RAM.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, Stoopid Question considering it's answered in the 101 Sticky.
Should have read FIRST! sry.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Thanks for the reply, Stoopid Question considering it's answered in the 101 Sticky.
Should have read FIRST! sry.

That's no problem, you would be suprised how many people completely miss the stickies.

I say if you can offord the RAM get it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

That's no problem, you would be suprised how many people completely miss the stickies.

I say if you can offord the RAM get it.

Once you find out about ocing and you made the mistake of buying pc3200 you will be smacking yourself for not buying that pc4400!

·
Registered
930 Posts

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningRioT

thats good ram, but i prefer pqi, ocz, or crucial balistix,

im not too familiar of scorptec, you should buy from a place everyone on this forum knows.

such as www.newegg.com

It looks like he is in Australia, he can't buy from Newegg. But you bring up a good point, do you know that that site is a reliable vendor?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

OK Thanks, i'll look into it.
Cheers for the help!
Yay! Finally got the new RAM, hard thing trying to justify $400 for RAM to your Fiance when your planning(paying for) a wedding!, anyway i,ve my pc running at 3.2Ghz now. Seems pretty stable, been running for a couple of days straight with no probs. Want to go higher but need to find time to do some tweaking.
Thanks again to everyone who's helped me so far!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATVkid

nice, keep going on it!

Ok, I can't seem to get past 3.2, had the v-core up to 1.6, still locks up.
Time to up ram voltage?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts