Spec
Type Heatsinks only
Compatibility Socket AM2 / 754 / 939 / 940 / LGA775
Color 2-Tone
Heatsink Material Copper Base / 6 Heatpipes / Aluminum Fin
Physical Spec
Heatsink Dimensions 175.0 x 124.6 x 81.5mm

Quote:
When I first opened the packaging, I was really blown away by this monster. Although the cooler is enormous, its not as heavy as some might expect, which I attribute to the use of thin aluminum fins. Assembly and installation took about 15 minutes (including motherboard removal). The performance was very good, and for those using motherboards with heat pipe cooling (think Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6, or just about any ASUS motherboard), this might be the perfect cooling solution. During our testing the GeminII was neck and neck with the Thermaltake Big Typhoon, but we saw something else that really impressed us; a noticeable drop in temperature for our chipset and other components. The ability to slide the fans horizontally on the cooler makes installation a bit easier.

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Arter
View Post

That is a nice cooler wanted to get it but want other things more and don't really need it.

I want it but I have wrong socket...............

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
That thing is just... too massive.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Interesting, but I wonder how difficult it is to mount!

·
Premium Member
7,263 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,078 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by born2killU View Post
Guys it really isnt as big as it looks , yes you can put 2 x 120mm fans on it but one sticks off like 2 and a half inches
7 inches by 5 inches and almost 3.5 inches tall. It's the biggest CPU heatsink I've seen for sale.

·
Premium Member
7,263 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox View Post
7 inches by 5 inches and almost 3.5 inches tall. It's the biggest CPU heatsink I've seen for sale.
tuniq, 120 ultra extreme, and several others are taller

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Holy crap...you may have found the right CPU heatsink deal for me, iampoor. I'm going for it. No one try to stop me! (unless I'm making a bad decision, then you can stop me).

rep+

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Mobo's are a LOT tougher than a lot of people think. The force pulling down on the CPU HSF is probably the equivalent of a free hanging videocard + cooler pulling down.

It's nice but isn't it worse than a Tuniq and Ultra 120 Extreme?

·
Premium Member
7,263 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwIsTeDbOi
View Post

Mobo's are a LOT tougher than a lot of people think. The force pulling down on the CPU HSF is probably the equivalent of a free hanging videocard + cooler pulling down.

its heavier, and shorter. yet some people say it doesnt work well, but it seems to be a rather newer heatsink

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I just got one of these to replace my AC7Pro that I broke and I LOVE it...

I put a couple of them SilverStone FM121s on it and my PresHOTT is the coolest it's ever been...

It is a little harder to put on a LGA775 then the other snap in types but wasn't to bad and it was the first time I ever took my mobo out...

I highly recommend this for any hell if it can cool my Pressy then it can cool anything nicely...

I get better temps on AIR with a PRESSY then I see on some cheap water setups...

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Please buy it! It works great. My 3600+ idles 33c @ 2.86GHz with 25c ambients. Load never has gone past 50c when the 2 12cm fans are at 100%. Yes it pretty big, but if you have a roomy mid-tower or a full tower there should be no problem. The 12cm fans hang over the edge and blow onto the RAM. Mounting is easy, but you will have to remove the motherboard if the motherboard tray does not have a cut-out behind the socket.

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwIsTeDbOi
View Post

worse but a much better deal.

Also it cools your ram so it saves you cash there too

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Yeah...I'm not up to paying $60 for a TT120. That's how much my CPU retails for nowadays...

URGENT question: Is it ok to use the thermal stuff that comes with it? I can't really afford to buy AS5 or whatever.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts