Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Well seeing that the Sempron you are looking at is much like the celly, I'm not quite sure how to answer. You get what you pay for in this buisness. I wouldnt expect too much but it would certainly be an improvement. I'd say for the price its worth the risk.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
i would advise getting an athlon xp-m 2500+ over a sempron, cuz you can overclock the xp-m with ease and the xp processors have 512k L2 cache whereas the semprons only have the 256k L2 like the durons. So that is something to think about.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bostrom32

I want to get my son a cheap pc to get him off the 500M Celly, is this cpu/mobo combo for real, http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4189253 all i will need with it, is mem PC2700, case and cd/rw and a cpu fan.

i have a HD with W2K and ATI Radeon 7000, i know, but for now, it should work at lot better

For that price, I think it would be worth it. Hell, I might just order one to upgrade my PIII server.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashed

i would advise getting an athlon xp-m 2500+ over a sempron, cuz you can overclock the xp-m with ease and the xp processors have 512k L2 cache whereas the semprons only have the 256k L2 like the durons. So that is something to think about.

Not every computer has to be overclocked, I don't think his son would notice the difference.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Anyone else notice that this post is from October...

now that you mention it. Hmmm, maybe you could pick it up for cheaper now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts