Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SENNHEISER HD 280 3.5mm Connector Circumaural PROFESSIONAL Headphone<br />
<a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826106328" target="_blank">Link</a><br />
I'm pretty sure this is a sick deal for these if i lived in the states i would totally buy some... but i don't so i have to wait till someone i know moves there or i meet someone here who will send em to me! lol

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I know they're good but I forget just how good

·
Registered
926 Posts
well they are one of the best natural noise cancelling headphones on the market. A good upgrade if you have the PX100 portables headphones, the best portable headphones to date fyi. Closed headphones are nice for you and the people around you, but open headphones always sound better. Definitely get this pair if noise is a concern for you. If not you are better off with a Grado Labs SR60 for less.

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
I have a set of Sennheiser's though mine are the <a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826106303" target="_blank">open air set</a> and I will say as a brand they are fabulous. I haven't listened to the small street/earbud styles though I would imagine the bass is a bit lower in those simply due to physics...you need a larger cone to get that bass wave going. At any rate, as these are the "large" cone configuration, I will say that if they are in any way similar to mine, you will love them.

·
Registered
926 Posts
don't get me wrong i've a pair of sennheiser's HD600 as well, but i just don't think that its worth the money when compared to the Grado SR125, or even the SR60, both of which offer better sound than the entire sennheiser line. I would really get the SR80 if you are looking for something in the same price range as the HD280. And maybe get the SR60 if bass doesn't matter as much to you, though it still has outstanding bass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts