Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I boot up my rig and I see my 360 controller flash 3 green lights, didn't think much of it.
But when I finally get to my desktop, I see nothing on the controller, no lights, and it doesn't even work.
I think it's dead

I tried switching the usb ports it was plugged in but no luck.
It was working perfectly fine yesterday, what could have caused this?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aick View Post
it's the gods telling you to go back to keyboard/mouse.
Racing games suck with a keyboard and mouse

On topic, did you update anything recently that could have conflicted with the drivers? Try rolling them back or uninstalling the controller in device manager then reinstalling.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Check the device manager to see if it recognizes it or if it is an unknown device...if nothing is there then something is wrong with the controller, if something is there then its a driver problem so try uninstalling the driver then reconnecting the controller then look on windows update for updates to the controller driver..

·
Registered
272 Posts
Presuming you are looking under the right category and do not see an unknown device, I would have to say it is your controller...maybe you can find someone with a 360 and test it on there but maybe the usb connection is short circuited or something now...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Might check the wired connection. There's a little plug thing on the controller wire that can come out near the USB side. Make sure that's good and snug.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frickfrock99
View Post

I checked all the ports and they all work fine, I plugged my speakers into them and they work well.
Is going wireless worth the dive in performance or should I wait out until I get a wired controller?

lol no no not the usb port on you system but the usb connection of the controller is broken....i have had no problems with the wireless controller no input lag works the same as the wired controller..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts